Post your December track

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Post your December track

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:36 pm

shadx312 wrote:h20 & student
Well that's just fuckin' sweet. I didn't know the vocals got made. I thought it died a quick instrumental death.

Maybe we should post the elements of whatever it is that is there by the end of the month for a January remix challenge.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I can make an alp, though my personal preference is to not make a big thing of it, but not keep it on the dl either. When Tapper, h20 and student say yay I'll make an alp. Maybe I'll just leave the vox and bass line so anyone else will have to make their own beat and rest of the music...
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm

shadx312 wrote:I can make an alp, though my personal preference is to not make a big thing of it, but not keep it on the dl either. When Tapper, h20 and student say yay I'll make an alp. Maybe I'll just leave the vox and bass line so anyone else will have to make their own beat and rest of the music...

I liked your beat and no worries on not using mine. I didn’t burn a lot of calories making it and yours fits the song better.

But if you get the OK from the others I think it would be cool to share for others to tool with. But what version of Live are you using? I’m still on 8.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Nine, but I'll just put what I was given into a new 8 project and supply the drum hits, but not stems.
Then one can learn how much things can be taken for granted, like the vocals. They didn't come sounding like that :lol: Plus, I used 3rd party vsts. So it's better to get the raw wavs I think.
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:58 pm

shadx312 wrote:Nine, but I'll just put what I was given into a new 8 project and supply the drum hits, but not stems.
Then one can learn how much things can be taken for granted, like the vocals. They didn't come sounding like that :lol: Plus, I used 3rd party vsts. So it's better to get the raw wavs I think.

I knew you slapped TribeCalledQuestifier on the master track! :lol:

Honestly just getting vocals or rapping from a track can lead to a wide assortment of remixes, especially considering most of us don’t do that. Plus you’re not really stepping on anybody else’s toes. My roommate got annoyed once when I remixed one of his instrumental tracks and essentially only kept his hi-hat. :lol:

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Very cool stuff everyone! I will post my track later this week, but I've been listening to yours so far ;)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 pm

beats me wrote:
shadx312 wrote:Nine, but I'll just put what I was given into a new 8 project and supply the drum hits, but not stems.

I knew you slapped TribeCalledQuestifier on the master track! :lol:

Honestly just getting vocals or rapping from a track can lead to a wide assortment of remixes, especially considering most of us don’t do that. Plus you’re not really stepping on anybody else’s toes. My roommate got annoyed once when I remixed one of his instrumental tracks and essentially only kept his hi-hat. :lol:
Alright fine, basically the song sounded like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tU7RIHM6qs so I put Sausage Fattener on the master and the rest is history. The only other thing I know how to do is use those up and down things that make the sound get louder or quieter.
ImageImage

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

ok so i guess it's still december and i just done this at work whilst massively skiving on my last working day of the year

me and a couple of friends went to cafe oto down in dalston the other week (ghedalia tazartes fyi) and while we were standing around outside drinking for a while this feller engaged us in conversation. i recorded him as i normally do, and he didn't mind either. he was well refreshed and was coming out with some pretty funny nonsense.

i just been editing out all out laughing and giggles and split the recording down into samples which i then set going as random one shots with follow actions. edited it a bit further then produced this:

https://soundcloud.com/slatepipe/i-am-g ... -snake-and

if anyone wants the live set and samples to play around with then it's here (live9) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32i6m9driii9x ... roject.zip

happy christmas :) :wink:

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Here is my first of two December releases... this one released an hour ago...

http://soundcloud.com/janpienkowski/set ... walk-radio

The two tracks were made for a NIGHT WALK RADIO podcast released in October and I fixed them up a little since then for the release today. This release is available as a "free / pay what you want" release over the holidays... so by all means grab a free copy if you like it! Enjoy :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 pm

shadx312 wrote:I haven't listened to everything yet (sorry, but I plan on digging it) but I thought of the track H20, starvingstudent and I were working on in the summer which I haven't listened to since then and it sounds pretty darn tootin. It started from another thread, Beats made a beat, Tapper added bass to it then you sent me vox.
Beats I tried with your, but it wasn't working like this, sorry:| I wasn't even sure if I was going to use 2nd music part at that point, it was just more of a placeholder until I finished the vocals, one of theirs took a little work at first :P . Did a little drum work. Now I wouldn't mind just adding a little more musical/sound touch beside the vocals and try switching around some parts where it changes so the vocals and beat change more together. There's plenty of room to fill in the blanks with your own ideas though....maybe I should pass it around....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4t0 ... geruff.mp3
word
Unsound Designer

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 am

eddiex wrote:heres my december track...it has issues, but its basically me messing with my new MS2000
https://soundcloud.com/the-good-robot-me/303030-1
oh, and its over 9 minutes long :lol:
this is great

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 am

I like the Happy Endings ep. Happy Endings is fitting for a soundtrack and the vocals at the end are great. I like Endless and in the 2nd half I was thinking of bringing up the drums and making them thunderous; the levels are set overall but with some changes it could really pack even more of an emotional punch.

Life is Short - I remember this, but it's been awhile so I don't know the differences...maybe it's clearer? Whatever, maybe think about joining Taxi and get some of your stuff picked up for stuff on the telly if you haven't already.

InSplits&Starts - Seeing as the track is short anyway, a quiet change around the 2:23 mark is desirable to give the main part after it more of an impact/uplift. Or you know, maybe next time:) Diggin the chunky drums. You should do a live band thing with the tracks you have; that would be cool.

never never never ever - slate, just keep doing what you do :lol:

303030 - made me kinda horny. I like the droning unstable synth and bass guitar. Plucky lead keeps things on a positive tip. The dry change in the last part makes for a nice 'landing'. I let it play onto Dear You 2 which is just lovely.

Honey Gravel - yeah I could picture an uplifting section in the middle for a change, then come back down to the 2nd half. There's what sounds like an electric guitar that fades in and cuts through my ears that I like. Bit reduction was a good choice.

Blond Bandit Theme 1 - Love the sludgy drums and high string note....brought me back to some similar stuff I had from what may have been called the Dragonfly(?) label out of the UK in the late 90's. Looking forward to checking more Blond Bandit stuff. This live track playing after it sounds dope.
ImageImage

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Last edited by re:dream on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks shadex!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:35 pm

stringtapper wrote:
shadx312 wrote:I haven't listened to everything yet (sorry, but I plan on digging it) but I thought of the track H20, starvingstudent and I were working on in the summer which I haven't listened to since then and it sounds pretty darn tootin. It started from another thread, Beats made a beat, Tapper added bass to it then you sent me vox.
Beats I tried with your, but it wasn't working like this, sorry:| I wasn't even sure if I was going to use 2nd music part at that point, it was just more of a placeholder until I finished the vocals, one of theirs took a little work at first :P . Did a little drum work. Now I wouldn't mind just adding a little more musical/sound touch beside the vocals and try switching around some parts where it changes so the vocals and beat change more together. There's plenty of room to fill in the blanks with your own ideas though....maybe I should pass it around....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4t0 ... geruff.mp3
word
weird.

didn't know this was sitting out here.

there's more vocals.

*bookmark* - looking forward to listening to everyone's work.