I wish Live wouldn't have graphics problems

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
wineburgler

I wish Live wouldn't have graphics problems

Post by wineburgler » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Despite Live 9 deciding to update their EQ8 algorithm, I still seem to encounter the same problems with eq8, auto filter, and a few other native live plugins.

It appears that when I have other 3rd party plugins with a GUI open, Live's native plugins respond by skipping around and becoming very difficult to work with.

I have owned 3 macbook pros and 3 iMac's, and I have encountered this problem since the early days of live 8 on ALL of the computers with a "core i chipset".

My Macbook Pro core 2 duo never had this problem with Ableton, EXCEPT under extreme cpu load (70% and above). I wish Ableton would address this issue as it really has interefered with my workflow, caused SO MUCH frustration, and has forced me to stop using many of live's built in devices which is unfortunate because I know Andy Simper (Cytomic) redesigned EQ8 to be one of the best native parametric EQ's on the market, but after extensive use, it just doesn't hold a candle to Pro-Q. Sorry Andy! :(

However, The Glue is still one of the best ITB compressors out there, and I applaud Ableton for choosing to include this natively. Now if we could fix this graphics problem....

Specs:
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
CPU: quad core 2.7ghz i7
Ram: 8 GB
SSD: 512 GB OCZ Vertex 4
OSX: Mavericks
Live ver.: 9.1

Here is a video showing an example of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kenlgO3ySE

wineburgler

Re: I wish Live wouldn't have graphics problems

Post by wineburgler » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I love how this huge issue is just glossed over and forgotten about.

Oh and THANK YOU ableton for closing the tech support forum on here.