Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

regretfullySaid

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:42 am

I just realized if you read funkens posts in the sound of B-Real's (Cypress Hill) loud rapping voice and rhythm, it's pretty cool.
ImageImage

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:53 am

history repeats itself... rules are created due to the actions of the lowest common denominator(s).
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:55 am

...on a lighter note, can anyone suggest a new forum wherein I can engage in discussions of serious stuff such as politics and religion?
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:57 am

Reddit?
history repeats itself... rules are created due to the actions of the lowest common denominator(s).
This has me curious, since it came right after one of my high calibre posts, as to how much I have contributed to the decline of this forum.

Percentages, anyone?
ImageImage

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:16 am

People are talking about me... I must be important...

8O

8)

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:06 am

8) so excellent, time to gat back to music and raise the vibrations.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 am

Hey aisling, how long have you been using proper ergonomic sitting posture?
I got mine on discount around the 6.5beta. Never caused crashes or nothin'; stable as a ROCK
ImageImage

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:27 am

shadx312 wrote:Hey aisling, how long have you been using proper ergonomic sitting posture?
I got mine on discount around the 6.5beta. Never caused crashes or nothin'; stable as a ROCK
Since before live was around back in the ADAT days :wink: And yes, my spine is stable as a rock, my wrists, elbows, shoulders, and neck seem to be holding strong!

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 am

POSTURE POWER HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ImageImage

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 am

shadx312 wrote:POSTURE POWER HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
don't forget the proper etiquette, puff puff pass (on the left hand side)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:21 am

TomViolenz wrote: I think he has not abused anyone else here and usually does not derail threads (at least for long ;-)). I mean you took him as an example earlier in this thread of how you both can just agree to disagree. How is he then at fault in the same way that Funken is?!
And he makes jabs, but so do we all. I do it to you, you do it to me, we all manage without ruining the Lounge. Funken does not!
I would say this sort of reply in a thread about statutory rape and rich teenagers getting away with murder is a great example as to how galt can attempt to troll a thread.
Galt wrote: Where I come from, the legal age for hooking is 16. Which means I could LEGALLY pick up a 16 year old girl, cum in her anus while chanting your name, and then dump her on back the street the very same day. Yet where I come from, more dentists kill themselves than whores—I suspect mainly because they have a hard time dealing with the number of 16 year old anuses they have cum into behind their wives' 40 year old backs.

Stealing somebody's innocence no laughing matter. :lol:
In fact I can easily say that funken while sometimes obsessing on little things, doesn't troll. The difference here is obvious to others I think, you have the same ethical high point stance as funken in terms of your own sense of self. Funken pisses you off because you have control issues with other people just like he does. In fact the thread that you started your hatred for him in is a great example. You tried to control the comments of other people, and tried to tell other people about how their behavior was. Funken does the same thing, he jumps down people's throats if he thinks they are trying to 'slander' him, and has complained about the attitude of people here, he changes thread titles if the thread doesn't go the way he wants etc. If galt and funken are similar in their obsession with each other and politics, you and funken are similar in your control issues and lack of ability to let go.

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am

Sure, discussing cases of consensual and legal sex acts, after which nobody kills themselves, and which are entirely relevant to the topic at hand is trolling. :roll:

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 am

Machinesworking wrote:In fact I can easily say that funken while sometimes obsessing on little things, doesn't troll. The difference here is obvious to others I think, you have the same ethical high point stance as funken in terms of your own sense of self. Funken pisses you off because you have control issues with other people just like he does. In fact the thread that you started your hatred for him in is a great example. You tried to control the comments of other people, and tried to tell other people about how their behavior was. Funken does the same thing, he jumps down people's throats if he thinks they are trying to 'slander' him, and has complained about the attitude of people here, he changes thread titles if the thread doesn't go the way he wants etc. If galt and funken are similar in their obsession with each other and politics, you and funken are similar in your control issues and lack of ability to let go.
Actually, you're quite mistaken. I'm not going to defend myself—I think my record here speaks for itself*—but I am going to defend Tom's position. His complaint against Funk has nothing to do with control issues. Sometimes it can be good to control; other times it can be good to be controlled. But generally speaking, healthy relationships need to have a bit of both, to varying degrees, and depending on the expectations of parties involved. I frequently say things that Tom has very much objected to, both on the offending threads, via PM and occasionally back at my crib, yet we are able to communicate to our mutual satisfaction because we both make an effort to understand each other's needs. Funken, on the other hand, figuratively rapes every thread he enters, forcing himself, as you say, down our throats, regardless of how it tastes. And we've asked, and we've pleaded, and we've begged, but he just keeps coming and coming back for more. There's no shame in asking for help, and that's why I talked to David about him.

Last edited by Galt on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:Galt is a bit of a troll, of course, but he's pretty lightweight really considering his views, and at least he has a sense of humour, even if it is quite dark/sick a lot of the time. I don't remember Galt ever slandering my website or my posts about Live, computing etc. All this talk about me 'warring' with him is fucking bollocks.
I seem to recall even giving you advise about it—advise which you actually appreciated. This is because I'm partial to small business and entrepreneurship.