10 Most Popular Free VST/AU Plugins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
producerspot

10 Most Popular Free VST/AU Plugins

Post by producerspot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi all. I want to present my list with 10 Most Popular Free VST/AU Plugins that can be a real value for any music producer this year and not only. This list is based on user reviews and downloads and includes free effects, dynamic processors, synths and more. Check bellow:
Best Free VST Plugins
ProducerSpot.com - News, Reviews, Tutorials, VST Plugins, Free Downloads

tone61

Re: 10 Most Popular Free VST/AU Plugins

Post by tone61 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:12 pm

You will get very different lists depending on who you ask.
Actually I think it would be interesting to see separate top10 lists for instruments and effects.

Many companies have very useful free instruments like:
http://www.tone2.com/html/firebird_vsti ... zer_1.html
http://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Nebula3 impressed me a lot, but the GUI is a little less than straightforward and oh my god, the CPU hit!!! Great sound though!

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:08 pm

A C64 emulator made the top 10? 8O

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Frohmage is excellent and definitely not a "lite" version of QuadFrohmage. Different features, different sound.

Still keeping a close eye on OhmStudio...

producerspot

Post by producerspot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

doghouse wrote:A C64 emulator made the top 10? 8O
is not a top, i know there is many free VST plugins, I make a list with, let's say some of my favorite free plugins, just 10 to no be to long. In future I will come with another list, Now I pay attention to what is going to be released this year
ProducerSpot.com - News, Reviews, Tutorials, VST Plugins, Free Downloads

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Nothing wrong with a C64 FM Synth. I love the sound of that chip but probably because of nostalgia.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Why does your site have a javascript pop up? Dont you realise that people associate these annoying pop ups with shady business.
If I want to give feedback I will look for a "contact us" link. If I want to give you my email address I will look for the portion usually at the top right of the screen that says "sign up"
Once I get a javascript pop up I leave the site. I dont care what it is that made me click on a link to the site I usually will leave imedeatly.

These java script pop ups have really gotten out of hand. Javascript pop ups ,and just too much java script, along with all the click bait with picture links cropped to a box are ruining the internet.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Nothing wrong with having ancient classic plugins in a list, but it had a few in there, leaving out plenty of newer stuff like Variety of Sound Plugs. Kind of seems like the lister is stuck in the 2000's.
Also, the top 5 plugins list has Sugar Bytes as the top 3?

I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in exploring freebies to checkout KvRs collections from their developer challenges, there's a wide variety of effects and plugs worth checking out.
ImageImage

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am

shadx312 wrote:I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in exploring freebies to checkout KvRs collections from their developer challenges, there's a wide variety of effects and plugs worth checking out.
The Element of Surprise was a real favorite of mine when I was on Windows, now I'm on Mac so it's just a fond memory. A completely different take on coming up with sounds.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:52 am

I passed that up but I'll see how it is. I liked the Poly2106 by Synthescience. Looks like they're gone now and I've moved on to 64-bit and am adamant about using 3rd-party bridges, but I like the sound. Windows users can still download it from the KvR link, but since you're mac that doesn't mean jack :P.
ImageImage