Liveproduction.net

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
geargasm

Liveproduction.net

Post by geargasm » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:46 am

I've pretty much blown off all professional obligations until the new year, so it's time to get cracking on the site. For those who didn't see the previous thread, I'm starting a Live users site.

I'm going to about two solid weeks (barring family stuff) and the code banged out.

I've already got some ideas on what I'd really like the site to be, but my question to you all is what would you like to see on it?

- Mike

fuentes925

Post by fuentes925 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:45 am

Hello Mike

How about a place to exchange samples for Live with other Live users, and to exchane links also for what ever goodies people have found to use with Live. How about Live show and Studio pictures so we could see what every one is working with. How about being able to post poll questions. Maybe a song and remix contest, maybe one month vote for the best song by a Live user and the next month after that a contest to remix that same song and so on. I don't know I am just throwing some ideas around, well good luck.
Miguel

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:56 am

Have a look around

www.em411.com

lots of good ideas to use there, eg gig self-reviews, chat section, locality guide thing (be able to see who wants to hook up in your city)

How about a hardware sections, see what people use with Live, a tips+tricks

And a water-cooler.

Oh, and some little interviews with the creators of Live!

-SongCarver

raapie

groups and sample

Post by raapie » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:34 am

hi,

what would be great is being able to start or join a group. this groups want everyone to make specific samples. I myself would probably join the Brazil Funk group, add special guitars and they need to give me percussion samples in return.

Give E-lab and Spectrasonics access so everybody can clear the copyright thing. I don't want to run into trouble using somebody else's samples 8O
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:55 pm

I'd second SongCarver, but even would go further and say, why not simply join em411 and submit all things Ableton there ... enough forums, patches, releases, sample sharing etc there ... a lot of things would simply be duplicated efforts when starting a new site ...
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

djray

best of luck!

Post by djray » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:08 pm

a live users site sounds great!i'm excited!

Credo

How is it rolin

Post by Credo » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:07 am

Hi there

Just wonder whats happening with liveproduction.net??

Curious

Credo

tribalogical

Post by tribalogical » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:35 am

Ya! Geargasm, I say go for it! Much as I appreciate em411, their layout and design sense makes me absolutely nuts...

...like dancing on a rockpile... :D :D

for people like me who run their monitor at high-res (1600x1200) sites like em411 just suck for the eyes (and boosting font-size in the browser is no help at all)...

Content-wise, em411 has some groovy goods... certainly you could do something as interesting? One doesn't preclude the other...

a whisper: I'm planning a site myself, though not Live-specific, will be inclusive... it's a bit premature to announce it full-on yet, but I will do so when the time is right (looks about a month or so off yet...)

Hey, feel free to hassle me about it if I don't start piping up by late April or so! :)

c'mon, Gear... get the gasm goin'!

tlc

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:42 am

Remix contests would be nice. The site could provide some basic loops like 3 or 4 and limit only to onboard effects.

There's some much mangling you can do that you can't possibly ran out of ideas.

Spacerboy

perfect idea....

Post by Spacerboy » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:01 am

and every year a "come together meeting" somewhere in the world...like sonar festival but open for everyone who´s interested in electric...and chicas of course :-) i´m horny....

raapie

what about

Post by raapie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:36 am

Holland, Amsterdam?
Marco Raaphorst

nosuch

compatibility charts user strategies

Post by nosuch » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:17 pm

software, hardware compatibility for every os

Strategies
how do peple use live for what purposes - how do they integrate live in their workflow

other ideas have already been mentioned

great idea!
...just trying to figure out how to make my computer sing....

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:14 pm

I'd really like to see a Live Calendar. Where members can post Live-oriented events, like performances, etc. Also, a while back some of us here were talking about starting up a Live radio station but it never materialized. I think this would be killer. It's fairly easy to set up and manage too. I've got some other ideas and can help out, I'll send you a PM.

raapie

perfect idea!

Post by raapie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:33 pm

tjwett wrote:I'd really like to see a Live Calendar. Where members can post Live-oriented events, like performances, etc. Also, a while back some of us here were talking about starting up a Live radio station but it never materialized. I think this would be killer. It's fairly easy to set up and manage too. I've got some other ideas and can help out, I'll send you a PM.
Perfect! Live boys... can you implement it? If you need someone to maintain it maybe I can help out.
Marco Raaphorst

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:34 am

Well, here's the deal. Code is 100% done. Hosting is ready. What I've been waiting for is the right way to promote it.

There's a lot more behind it than just a website, what I really want to do is link it to real world events -- that is, have it be a real working educational, promotional, psuedo management site for Live PA musicians everywhere.

In order to do that, I have to work some promotional things out with certain folks and agencies, which is already underway. I don't want this site to be just another message board (bored), that's not what the world needs.

Raapie, if you'd like, I can add you to my management agency's list that's working on this project, I think Holland would be a great spot to host a Live Production (not just Live, but all sorts of DIY Musicians). This would focus on technical and promotional aspects of the business.

In the nearer term, we're working a small business / legal event stateside.

Yeah, I could change the DNS and put this all on liveproduction.net, but it's not time yet. I'll let y'all know when it is.

Peace,

Mike
I am the bumpitron.