The Bitwig evaluation thread

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Bitwig is...

Awesome: well designed, suits my workflow, I am gonna switch
13%
A curate's egg: Good in parts. But there are flaws and missing features
36%
Meh: a big letdown. Bring back Cakewalk!
12%
I don't know. It's too early to tell.
28%
What's Bitwig?
11%

Total votes: 141

Machinesworking

Re: The Bitwig evaluation thread

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 am

TTOZ wrote: This is a bitshit topic at a competitor's forum.. i feel completely comfortable conveying how I truly feel about the software here.. I'm not doing this at KVR nor would I as I have promised. I'm not over exaggerating, i think it's the worst daw currently available in every department bar one.. I actually think it's an extended april fools joke. The only thing I like about it is the amazing timestretch quality and i hope they license that out some day to others. But then why would they when it's the only thing going for it. (imo).
My guess is in three years you're using Bitwig, :lol: but then the only other DAW you were as against is Reaper, and you're not using that now so hey. :)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 pm

I wonder if I'll ever use it. For more reasons than I can come up with bitwig has really pushed me away. Maybe someday I'll be pissed at what I have and then try it and fall in love with it. But I already have reaper (up to 4.99) and FL studio (lifetime free updates) so prolly not.

I find it all fascinating. From the lemmings to the serious to the joking around to the flames. Bitwig is a good source of entertainment.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:32 pm

panten wrote:I don't know but whoever it is I think I love them.
8O

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Thu May 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
TTOZ wrote: This is a bitshit topic at a competitor's forum.. i feel completely comfortable conveying how I truly feel about the software here.. I'm not doing this at KVR nor would I as I have promised. I'm not over exaggerating, i think it's the worst daw currently available in every department bar one.. I actually think it's an extended april fools joke. The only thing I like about it is the amazing timestretch quality and i hope they license that out some day to others. But then why would they when it's the only thing going for it. (imo).
My guess is in three years you're using Bitwig, :lol: but then the only other DAW you were as against is Reaper, and you're not using that now so hey. :)
my guess is that if you really believe there's a chance of that happening, that i want to know what you are on, and your phone number immediately, so i can get some! I have been in altered states of reality before, but that must be some trip! WOW! It would literally be like an alternate universe!]

:mrgreen:

he he , just having some fun, peace :)
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!