King Dubby (AU) delay time issue during mixdown

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
piratesoul

King Dubby (AU) delay time issue during mixdown

Post by piratesoul » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Yo. I'm currently using King Dubby (http://www.lowcoders.fr/kingdubby) as a tape delay effect for some reggae/dub. I love it!

NOW, in Ableton, my delay time is set to 3/32, which is what I want. BUT, whenever I go to mixdown my track and listen to the WAV file in iTunes the delay time has changed to 1/4 or 1/8.....not entirely sure how to keep this from changing whenever I mixdown.

Has anyone come across this or might anyone know the possible issue that I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

Peace.

dixie237

Re: King Dubby (AU) delay time issue during mixdown

Post by dixie237 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:05 pm

No idea why that would happen.
Have you tried creating a new audio track and recording into this to "bounce" the audio with the effect on first?

piratesoul

Post by piratesoul » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm

I just tried that and it worked, thank you!

Would be nice to not have to do this every time, however. Maybe it's a glitch within KingDubby?

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am

piratesoul wrote: Would be nice to not have to do this every time, however. Maybe it's a glitch within KingDubby?
No prob. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Look at it creatively though. Now you have your printed audio, perhaps you can steal a small snippet of that, re-effect, and get something else out of it you weren't expecting :D

Have fun