Push - broken c/o 9.1.3

Discuss Push with other users.
shpongled

Push - broken c/o 9.1.3

Post by shpongled » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Using Push ok this morning, received an auto update to 9.1.3 and that seems to have stopped Push working at all - doesn't recognise Live is running. No other changes & Push works on my laptop running 9.1.2.

I do run SeaPush skin but back rev to archived remote script for Push (entire folder swap) makes no difference.

Anybody else get this? Better than that - anybody fix this?

Thanks,

S4racen

Re: Push - broken c/o 9.1.3

Post by S4racen » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:47 pm

All scripts were updated with 9.1.3 and the framework that hooks in to them as well i believe, suggest a complete reinstall...

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:26 pm

When you update, your best bet is removing your Push remote script directory completely and letting the install create a new one.

That at least applies to anything modified.

Shouldn't have to be that much of a pain in the ass but that's the effort required if you want special features I guess

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 am

Sorry to be such a dumb ass, but 9.1.3 worked well and has no issues that I can tell (and I've been busy all day)

shpongled

Post by shpongled » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:40 am

yur2die4 wrote:When you update, your best bet is removing your Push remote script directory completely and letting the install create a new one.

That at least applies to anything modified.

Shouldn't have to be that much of a pain in the ass but that's the effort required if you want special features I guess
Yes, agreed. Much as the SeaPush mod is visually far more appealing and useful I am not sure it is worth the bother if a new release unceremoniously shafts the existing install.
A new install (over the top) fixed it but no SeaPush now (obviously) and I will probably leave it that way.

One thing that does confuse me a little is the reversion to the lack of dynamics (velocity value) being recorded as input. I didn't pro-actively knowingly mod this performance aspect and not sure why it appeared and disappeared! Manual per pad option is there of course which is ok.

Other than the cause & effect of SeaPush mod 9.1.3 seems ok so far.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:52 pm

The lack of velocity thing, that is for the step sequencer? Or for live playing of notes?

The 'script mods', offers a few features. They are:
Shift+play to play Arrangement
Shift+knob to do fine increment control
Double tap a knob (I think while holding shift) to reset parameter to default
Velocity sensitivity applied to step sequencers
SeaPush

So maybe you had those features with the mod and no longer have them.

I don't believe that the actual velocity of playing notes in would disappear though.

shpongled

Post by shpongled » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:30 pm

yur2die4 wrote:The lack of velocity thing, that is for the step sequencer? Or for live playing of notes?

The 'script mods', offers a few features. They are:
Shift+play to play Arrangement
Shift+knob to do fine increment control
Double tap a knob (I think while holding shift) to reset parameter to default
Velocity sensitivity applied to step sequencers
SeaPush

So maybe you had those features with the mod and no longer have them.

I don't believe that the actual velocity of playing notes in would disappear though.

Thanks for your reply --

Playing a drum rack (Battery 4) but using a 3rd party template - probably the issue is there.

SeaPush is included within 9.1.3?! Is that what you are saying? How do I switch it on? (obviously guilty of not reading some useful stuff that presumably ships with the 9.1.3 mod!)