Sidechaining audio streams?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrCravon

Sidechaining audio streams?

Post by MrCravon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:35 pm

I apologize if this post is somewhat outside the topic of this forum but I don't know where this might be more appropriate.

I am found of playing computer games online with friends. Usually a couple of hours a week. I also use this time to listen to music and talk to my friends over skype. However when you have the FX from the game, the music from Spotify AND my friend talking at the same time the result is all but pleasant. I don't want to turn down the music because I don't just want it as a hum in the background, I also don't want to turn my friend any louder in skype cause some times he can be annoying, also i don't want to miss important recognizable sounds in the game which are critical to the game.

Is there any way i can route each of these audio streams separately into Live (or other software) and sidechain-compress them with each other. Lets say I want the game fx to cause music to duck mildly, and skype causes game and music to duck?

I use windows 8.1.

Thanks!

xzusa8ky

Re: Sidechaining audio streams?

Post by xzusa8ky » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Use a de-esser!
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro