What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by Tarekith » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Update, bought the PS4 and TLOU after all. Bye bye Sunday.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:19 pm

You won't regret it.
Unsound Designer

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

Tarekith wrote:Decided now was a good time to get a PS4
I'm interested to build a desktop again at certain point. Because VGA technology just reached a very interesting point. It's really interesting to see how a bellow $400 range VGA card like the GTX970 (cool temperature and low-power) can deliver. Specially the Gigabyte's overclocked version which was said for being able to outperformed the Black Titan! Also since Windows 9 was rumored for being free for Windows 8 user. Hopefully it will bring a fresh upgrade for PC Gaming, specially when following the tradition of the good and the bad releases:
Windows Vista --> Bad
Windows 7 --> Good
Windows 8 --> Bad
Windows 9 --> Supposed to be a Good one!:D
Tarekith wrote:I'm not usually a fan of the post-zombie thing, but given the way people talk about TLOU I'm starting to think it's worth a try. So weird that there's still not many big games out for these systems yet.
I don't play zombie, only tried Dead Island for a little while until I decided that FPS zombie is not my type of game. But a good friend of mine keep convince me that TLOU is not really a full zombie game like that, it has more things to do with human. So, I'm curious and will find out soon.
Tarekith wrote:Update, bought the PS4 and TLOU after all. Bye bye Sunday.
stringtapper wrote:You won't regret it.
Going to play it for the first time tonight..it's going to be a bit religious after all this chat :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm

AMEN

panten

Post by panten » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

If we're talking about Not playing Zombie games, you should definitely NOT play Left 4 Dead 2.

I still occasionally dip my toes in that game; it is just so amazingly well balanced; with the clever AI Director and the special infected, everything is designed to split the players up. It's the ultimate co-operative team game.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks everyone, spent about 6 hours playing so far, definitely a great game. Woke up this morning feeling sick still, oh darn, guess that means more TLOU. :)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm

In that case, get well. Slowly :P

I've had an itch for L4D lately. I'm more attached to the first one since I really got into it when it first came out and started fading from it by the time the 2nd came out, though I've still played it a number of times and liked it.
It's less darker and more cartoony which i don't prefer.
Also I bet there's a number of user content that has evolved a lot since then. There were some custom levels I played that had great potential. Are there any custom campaigns anyone would recommend?
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:39 pm

The new Lord of the Rings coming out tomorrow is getting good reviews. Main complaints are the storyline is kind of meh and the mechanics very much match Assassins Creed which can be frustrating at times (odd camera angles, climbing things when you don’t want to/not being able to climb things when you want to, precision a little off when you need it to be precise).

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:42 pm

The later ACs were fun, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a bit burned out on all the Lotr stuff to be honest, so I'm kind of on the fench on that one still.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:06 pm

I’m not surprised, but I wasn’t even aware there were other LotR games. :oops: :x

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 am

Just played the early hours of TLOU and I love it! Almost like a darker - stealth, more mature version of UC. The graphics and audio are great, popcorn and coke are ready for the next therapy session tonight :)

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:55 am

so, there's probably no windows 9..they go windows 10 all the way. But the GTX970 is getting more interesting: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-graphics-cards

anyone using Live and gaming on the same machine, mind to share the experience? I used to do that in the old days (Win XP and bellow running Cakewalk/SONAR/ACID) and never satisfied with the result, the system was crashed many times. But willing to give another try with the latest technology. So, I'm very interested to hear any information about it.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 am

iam playing on my machine, but if u plan that, try to get the quitest (maybe a passive one) graphic card u can get.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:15 pm

I bought and downloaded the new LotR last night. Haven't played it yet but I gave it a 5 star rating because that's how gamers roll now, 5 stars for a successful download with a "Can't wait to play!" comment. :x

I'll reduce it later to a 1 star rating with a five paragraph rambling diatribe about how it brings nothing new to the table, yet I excitedly buy every new iteration of CoD. :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Keep us informed, very curious about this one.