Dubmachines crashing Live 9.1.6 (solved)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

Dubmachines crashing Live 9.1.6 (solved)

Post by Tagor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 am

anybody else ?

I using the latest Maxversion-download from the Account and Win7 64
:x :x
Last edited by Tagor on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reimund

Re: Dubmachines crashing Live 9.1.6

Post by Reimund » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

do you only have a problem with dubmachines or with other m4l devices as well? if so then it is maybe related to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=205402
cheers

[mja]

Post by [mja] » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:36 am

Is it happening with Magnetic or Diffuse? If Magnetic, do you get the same crash with the Convolution Pro? How about the Convolution Lite?

stkr

Post by stkr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 am

yes, answers to all these questions will help us get it fixed for you as soon as possible.

also, you specifically say 9.1.6 - was this working with 9.1.4 or 9.1.5 ?

thanks, and sorry for your hassle.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Anything and everything crashes Live 9.1.6
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:31 pm

- i do not use Convolution
- i do not use those on older Live-Version
- it crashes on both, but magnetic seems more instable
- it crashes behind Kontaktplayer
- It crashes if this is involved http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... r-druecker
- sometimes it crashes even on new empty sets

I can not tell why it cause crashes, or if dubmachines is allergic against jbridge
or other m4l devices, and i will not test it.
i can only tell you that i needed to update max4l to the newest version, before that
there was no soundoutput available, i didnt hear anything.

putting dubmachines into complex sets while in the workflow its risky, and i suggest everybody
to save the work before considering to drop one of the dubmachines anywhere. (like Live 7-8 with freewareVSTi`s )

if you want use them on a new track, place them in the very beginning on a send..
maybe this is the way for saferuse.

did u not test them longtime-period as freeware before ??

login

Post by login » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 pm

I use magnetic all the time ad havent had a crash, I use very few plug ins (Diva and valhalla VV only) and a couple more m4l devices (keyboard control).

it's cpu intensive (not much but it takes a hit).

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:19 pm

i7 3770k should run it in an empty set...
sometimes i can run it, but on more complex sets
which contain a mix from Kontaktplayer, Reaktor, Spectrasonics, M4L (drücker) and jbridged stuff
it seem to be risky @ win 7 64bit with Live 64bit.

I had since Live 8 is gone not such problems until i bought the dubmachines.
unfortenately they must stay outside of my music like a stinking dog.

I gigging with Live since 8 Years now, and i had never a crash on stage.
In the experimental production-phase where you quick drop and place things
sometimes yes, from now and then and more often with Live8 , but never in a live-situation.

So i wonder whats different with your machine ?
May jbridge be a problem ? or an i-lok ? i guess no. the rme multiface ? no.

i do not use m4l, i need just the runtime for some devices like the multimapper.
i see it as an additional vst-variation.

for that i barely run ableton-instruments. sometimes sampler,simpler, drumracks.
i dont like operator, colission or analog. Live FXesses are nices, the amp and the compressors
usefull, since live deny sidechaining via waves sc-input.

Hopefully i can use the dubmachines soon, without kicking me back onto my desktop everytime
i put them into a track-device-chain.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:12 am

yeah.. this convolution-thing is also crahsing...

[mja]

Post by [mja] » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:15 am

Hey Tagor,
Yes, we've tested thoroughly before release but as it is loaded into Max and Live (and Windows/Mac) and those programs get updated, sometimes things change and we need to fix bugs. We're really sorry the bug is a crash. That's horrible and we will make sure it's fixed as soon as possible

We think the crash you are experiencing is related to Windows and the Convolution engine inside Magnetic. It probably doesn't have much to do with what other VST's are loaded but we could be wrong.

Did I hear you correctly that Diffuse also crashes? If this is true, do you have some repeatable steps that will crash Live with Diffuse every time? That will help us fix it for you.

Thanks!

Matt (wearing my Surreal Machines hat)

Reimund

Post by Reimund » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:10 pm

[mja] wrote:Hey Tagor,
Yes, we've tested thoroughly before release but as it is loaded into Max and Live (and Windows/Mac) and those programs get updated, sometimes things change and we need to fix bugs. We're really sorry the bug is a crash. That's horrible and we will make sure it's fixed as soon as possible

We think the crash you are experiencing is related to Windows and the Convolution engine inside Magnetic. It probably doesn't have much to do with what other VST's are loaded but we could be wrong.

Did I hear you correctly that Diffuse also crashes? If this is true, do you have some repeatable steps that will crash Live with Diffuse every time? That will help us fix it for you.

Thanks!

Matt (wearing my Surreal Machines hat)
hi matt, as i pointed out in my post above, this most probably has nothing to do with your m4l devices but with the general stability issues when using m4l on windows machines. this is not restricted to the latest versions of live and max but has also happened before and from what fabrizio poce (the developer of the j74 devices) has said, the people at ableton are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. however, since these crashes now exist for a longer time and the last updates haven't changed anything for windows users i think it would be great if more m4l developers would tell the live developers that a fast fix is really needed.
cheers

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I will check out if Diffuse is also crashing randomly, but for Magnetic i can tell you for sure it crahses
even in empty sets..

Sometimes it works. sometimes not.. Its like a russian Roulette, and i dont like this game.

THX anyway.. hopefully anybody can do until soon anything for it, because
i will not change to McApple because of that.

cheers

h4nc0

Post by h4nc0 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:35 pm

I am also getting some crashes while using Magnetic. I am not 100% that it's Magnetic, but as soon as I start using one, crashes start it seems. Even deleting an instance takes a long time.

On Mac OSX.

stkr

Post by stkr » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 pm

hi.

we're working on this possible problem.

i'll pm h4nc0 & Tagor offlist for some more details.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Wohoo! lets dub

I updated my RME-Drivers, I installed WIN 7 64bit SP1 updatepack 2.45 and because there was a Waves-Freebee (http://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday/2014/free-pumper also the Wavess-shells now 9.3 instead of 9.2.

checked Diffuse and Magnetic now at different sets and IT´S working with no crashs anymore :))

I cannot tell you what of the changes did the trick, but ATM i dropped the dubmachines randomly
on older and newer tracks, and NO CRASH, NO CRASH

so far so good.. will try again to integrate them here and there tonight.
no serious programm error for now..