Making Music - the book

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Buleriachk

Re: Making Music - the book

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:12 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Buleriachk wrote:If I am trolling, it is alright with me.…But I'm not.
But you are. This thread has nothing to do with your concern and now you've hijacked what was a serious discussion.

Buleriachk wrote:I am serious about the issue and I want Ableton to rectify it or give me my money back (and others if they so wish on this basis).
Wait, you bought the hardware from Ableton?

Really?

No, you didn't because they don't sell those pieces of hardware.

You're going senile, Chuck. Shut down the computer and step away from the internet. It's obviously accelerating your condition.

:(
Hey, I also talk to Akai. And I'm really delighted that you're helping to keep this sub-topic alive in this thread, in spite of your snarky remarks. I'm a big boy, I can take it, and it just verifies the quality of the company (those of you who are twits, and if the foo ... ) I must continue to confront in my journey.

And I soldier wherever I choose on this issue. And thanks again for keeping things alive and progressing in this thread .... If it hadn't been for your support, I would have left long ago...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Buleriachk wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
Buleriachk wrote:If I am trolling, it is alright with me.…But I'm not.
But you are. This thread has nothing to do with your concern and now you've hijacked what was a serious discussion.

Buleriachk wrote:I am serious about the issue and I want Ableton to rectify it or give me my money back (and others if they so wish on this basis).
Wait, you bought the hardware from Ableton?

Really?

No, you didn't because they don't sell those pieces of hardware.

You're going senile, Chuck. Shut down the computer and step away from the internet. It's obviously accelerating your condition.

:(
Hey, I also talk to Akai. And I'm really delighted that you're helping to keep this sub-topic alive in this thread, in spite of your snarky remarks. I'm a big boy, I can take it, and it just verifies the quality of the company (those of you who are twits, and if the foo ... ) I must continue to confront in my journey.

And I soldier wherever I choose on this issue. And thanks again for keeping things alive and progressing in this thread .... If it hadn't been for your support, I would have left long ago...
:lol:

But you haven't actually said anything specific about your "issue" in a couple of pages now. You've just been led by the nose into bantering with me and left your off-topic trolling behind!

So essentially this thread is about you and how you need to get out more in order to squeeze a few more days out of your life.

NOT whatever it was you interrupted the original discussion to talk about (because we haven't actually talked about it in several posts!).

And now I'm going to make the circle complete.

I decree that this thread is now about chips and salsa!*

:mrgreen:

*The Surgeon General recommends that one actually has teeth before attempting to consume chips and salsa.
Unsound Designer

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Boy, is Ableton's new book ever fun. Not so, the APC Mini and the APC Key 25...

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:44 pm

So let's get this clear then...

You know you are being a jerk who pisses off multiple members of this (mostly) friendly forum. You know you are breaking forum rules. You know people are angry with you.

But none of that matters, because You are upset about something, and you will tantrum like a baby until you get your way, no matter the expense to anyone else.

Yep, that just about covers it. Keep fighting the good fight. Oh, and don't hesitate to tell me that my response is helping your cause -- I'm sure you're on to something there.

----

Dennis's book looks interesting to me, but I don't want to pay 30 bucks for it... I think i'll read the sample chapters and see if he changes my mind. I've always really appreciated the tone and style of the Ableton manual, which I think is Dennis' work.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 pm

What's that?

I can't hear you over the crunching sound of these delicious chips!

Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:47 pm

mholloway wrote:I've always really appreciated the tone and style of the Ableton manual, which I think is Dennis' work.
Same here.
Unsound Designer

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:54 pm

stringtapper wrote:
mholloway wrote:I've always really appreciated the tone and style of the Ableton manual, which I think is Dennis' work.
Same here.
Yes, I agree, except for the part about the APC Mini and the APC Key 25...

login

Post by login » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 pm

I read the sample chapters, it's fine and I am sure it a very fine print but I don't think I would read it more than once so I amgoing for the digital copy.

I will save my pennies for the sheet music book of Nils Frahm.

alekp

Post by alekp » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:43 am

Just ordered a copy this evening.

I'm actually really excited, and I look forward to reading it..

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:19 am

Just ordered a copy myself. Looks like a really interesting book. I'm already contemplating sitting down with a pad and pen and doing some "active listening" (read "song dissection") before the book is delivered... 8)

Dr Venkman

Post by Dr Venkman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:12 am

I've read through the preview on the site and it seems like a great resource. As for the price, it's very reasonable imo.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:08 pm

*gulp* bought it. R 566 in the end; pretty pricey. But I think it will be worth it.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:20 pm

meh, I'll wait till the movie comes out on DVD
re:dream wrote:
This is not a Lounge thread, by the way. I'd like to hear serious and constructive comments on the books, its strong and weak points, and the ideas in it.
oops, sorry :mrgreen:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm

look string, I'm as annoyed as just about everyone here by that guy complaining about his 100 Dollar purchase (while it's clear he's not even poor since he apparently can afford Maschine Studio), but could you please lay off the cutesy ageisms? It's seriously grating!