Brainstorming Mackie Pro FX 16 and Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Richard Rich

Brainstorming Mackie Pro FX 16 and Ableton

Post by Richard Rich » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Hey there

Ive made a ... little mistake with buying a Mackie Pro Fx 16 ^^ so not really a mistake he is great xD but mhhh i though because he is USB supported that i will be able to set Midi Commands like on the Nano Pad (Faders Knobs and so on)....but it seems xDDDD that he is only prepared for USB Soundcard Mode and USB Record Mode....Both are great no question :) Ive looked at the Midi Section of Ableton but he is not listed -.-

So i accepted it and now im looking for a way to use the Fades and the Channles from Mackie.....

Thought about a extern soundcard wich allows the assign the different track lines to a soundcard channel and then plugged in into the mackie @ Line In on 1 .. 2 and so on

U have any other idea?! Im sry im not that actuall with technical possebilitys :)

savyurrecords

Re: Brainstorming Mackie Pro FX 16 and Ableton

Post by savyurrecords » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:26 pm

You could get an audio interface with 8 outputs or more and route tracks from that directly to each channel of the Mackie. ie. Output 1 to Channel 1, Output 2 to Channel 2. Then take the output of the Mackie and record that as a stereo pair of channels.

However, all this would do is cost more than a control surface which will ultimately what you probably need anyway.

Richard Rich

Re: Brainstorming Mackie Pro FX 16 and Ableton

Post by Richard Rich » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:34 pm

I already got a Korg Nano Kontrol and a Launchpad ^^

But i thought i could use the Mackie as both....Midi Controller and USB Soundcard ^^