SOLVED - CPU SPIKES IN LIVE 9

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
burntop

Re: SOLVED - CPU SPIKES IN LIVE 9

Post by burntop » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 am

I have to also reply that this totally solved my custom build tower issues. I had to "Choose a power plan" and it was set to balanced by default. I went to high performance and it immediately solved my issues. Thank you again OP!

blobbyghast

Post by blobbyghast » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 am

-
Last edited by blobbyghast on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Stromkraft wrote: Turn off app nap for Live in the Finder.
Hi StromKraft, I've noticed my cpu getting up to 50% in live but barely cracking 5% on activity monitor, can't seem to see individual core loads in activity monitor, where do I see this?

also how do I turn off app nap for live in finder? I know there's a power nap button you can turn off in the energy saver setting, is this the one? or does It need to be done specifically for live? also is there any other setting I should look to change or disable to enhance performance?

Edit: just found out how to turn off app nap, under get info, general and prevent app nap, right? Hope this helps and maybe any other recommendations would be appreciated, I saw somebody mentioning turning off graphics card switch and will look into this but don’t know if I should do it or if it will help on iMac pro?
Last edited by Artcutech on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Artcutech wrote: can't seem to see individual core loads in activity monitor, where do I see this?
Cmd-2 or in "Window" menu.
Artcutech wrote:
also how do I turn off app nap for live in finder?
Select Ableton Live 9 and hit Cmd-I and check the box in the info window. Apparently app nap was reasonably removed in Live 10. At least it's not visible in the info window.

I'm not sure this is as relevant advice these days. Could be a good idea on old hardware where CPU power switching disturbs real time processes more.
Make some music!

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Artcutech wrote: can't seem to see individual core loads in activity monitor, where do I see this?
Cmd-2 or in "Window" menu.
Artcutech wrote:
also how do I turn off app nap for live in finder?
Select Ableton Live 9 and hit Cmd-I and check the box in the info window. Apparently app nap was reasonably removed in Live 10. At least it's not visible in the info window.

I'm not sure this is as relevant advice these days. Could be a good idea on old hardware where CPU power switching disturbs real time processes more.
Thanks for all you help, I didn’t see your post until after I edited my last one also

U.G.U.R

Post by U.G.U.R » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:05 pm

Hey guys!! I have an important problem.

I have problems about audio glitch and cpu overload in ableton 9.

My computer has LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 CORE İ5 8250U 1.6GHZ-12GB RAM, and ı sometimes used ROland MX-1 as a audio interface. But when ı got 15-20 tracks in my project, glitches and cpu overload started.
On the middle of my project, ı had to stop about this. I actually tried too many things;
I bought a 480 gb ssd harddrive and ı just setup ableton and its vst's inside. Sometimes i changed usb slot but i didnt work. Because of all thing ı said; ı couldnt finish a project for a long time. I am getting crazy 8O

If you guys have a idea or advice, ı waiting here. Please tell me smthg.

See you and thank you.
UGR

Ieren

Post by Ieren » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 am

"Hope this helps some of you."

Holy moly this actually just solved everything thank you so much. I've been dealing with crackly mics and cpu spikes forever and this fixed it. You are a saint.

lazoo2000

Post by lazoo2000 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:09 am

Duuuude.... this saved my ass tonight! Thank you!!!.. just got a new machine and yup cpu spiking all to hell and back... changed the power profile, tweaked it and boom! Stable and steady... Ableton 10 Win 11 Dell R12.