Reaktor/VST tracks and latency problems...Please help

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
SPH1185

Reaktor/VST tracks and latency problems...Please help

Post by SPH1185 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey guys,

If I wanted to make a bass line and separate lead on two different midi tracks using reaktor, do I have to open two separate instances of reaktor on each track? Or is there a way to only open one and route different sounds to different tracks. I'm asking because when I use i.e. reaktor or any other vst more than once, it causes serious drain on the cpu and latency issues...I have a 2014 macbook pro and it shouldn't be a problem. I have matched ableton's sample rate to the 88200 rate in razor (reaktor seems to have 88200 as standard for many presets) and I have also frozen the tracks. Still, I have really bad cpu usage. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to write multiple components (bass, lead, midi drums, etc.) to a song using various vsts without having terrible performance? I also like to leave them in midi format without flattening the track so I can reference the notes I have used, but perhaps only flattening can solve the issue?

Thanks!

SPH1185

Re: Reaktor/VST tracks and latency problems...Please help

Post by SPH1185 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 pm

antarktika

Re: Reaktor/VST tracks and latency problems...Please help

Post by antarktika » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:30 pm

try turning down your sample rate to something less ridiculous, 48000 should be fine, or even 44.1, see if you can perceive a noteworthy difference in audio quality, if not, all you're doing is wasting cpu resources.