Native Instruments "The Mouth"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

Native Instruments "The Mouth"

Post by junqueira » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:17 am

Anyone here use The Mouth? I love the sound of it, but I'm having a problem. I have an instance of Live's VOCODER and then I run "The Mouth" at the end of the signal chain and it gives it a nice sound. But the problem is that "The Mouth" is in key for about a bar, then it becomes detuned...not sure if anyone else is experiencing this? I've tried clicking around but can't solve it

junqueira

Re: Native Instruments "The Mouth"

Post by junqueira » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 am

anyone?

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:40 pm

junqueira wrote:Anyone here use The Mouth? I love the sound of it, but I'm having a problem. I have an instance of Live's VOCODER and then I run "The Mouth" at the end of the signal chain and it gives it a nice sound. But the problem is that "The Mouth" is in key for about a bar, then it becomes detuned...not sure if anyone else is experiencing this? I've tried clicking around but can't solve it

I use the Mouth occasionally but I am not that good at it. I just usually try a few of the presets.

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 pm

I use it occasionally but haven't in a while (didn't haven't any detuning problems last time) -- if I think of it tonight I'll try to see if it still works for me.

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 pm

tylenol wrote:I use it occasionally but haven't in a while (didn't haven't any detuning problems last time) -- if I think of it tonight I'll try to see if it still works for me.
awesome man :)

h2ogun99

Post by h2ogun99 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 pm

I've used it on a few tracks. This one is a more recent one.

https://soundcloud.com/luxelliott/incan ... review-mix

I've neglected to upload a better mixed version, yet you'll understand. The main vocal layered with a track or two of vocals affected by The Mouth.
Note: It's more a performance tool and not for correction.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 am

I have never had de-tune issues either.

This may be of use to you?

http://winterparkmusic.com/2015/07/06/t ... -fx-racks/
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 am

junqueira wrote:
tylenol wrote:I use it occasionally but haven't in a while (didn't haven't any detuning problems last time) -- if I think of it tonight I'll try to see if it still works for me.
awesome man :)
I've messed around with a vocoder -> the mouth configuration for a while and I'm afraid I can't get it to do something that would be described as going out of tune (reaktor 5, I don't have 6). Well, aside from that it provides a lot of ways to do that on purpose. Can you say more about your setup? Which mode? What sort of input? Also, are you sure that you don't accidentally have some midi mapping? E.g. mapping the "nonsense" knob could definitely make things go out of tune.