Push's Pad brightness in daylight is unusable

Discuss Push with other users.
Mike58Greenberg

Re: Push's Pad brightness in daylight is unusable

Post by Mike58Greenberg » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 pm

I think Ableton should either

1. Recall these units since this is a DESIGN FLAW that renders this particular model unusable in most situations, even in extreme low-light environments,

OR

2. Provide self-adhesive stickers with legible text to be placed over each black, backlit, texted pad on the unit.

The first solution is impractical. The second solution, while not very professional-looking, would solve the problem.
It is baffling that this was able to slip by the production executives, as it is an impressive piece of equipment. And, on the positive side, not being able to see what the buttons are for is kind of like playing "Memory", where you have to find the matching items behind the various doors...

genjokoan

Post by genjokoan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi All,
I had the same issue with Push 2.

Basically, on USB power everything is dim. When plugged into mains power it is much much brighter.

My problem was the mains power cable was slightly loose. Re-plugging fixed the issue and now it looks fantastic.

As mentioned elsewhere, hit the Settings button - on the top right of Push - to adjust.

johnsimmons

Post by johnsimmons » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 pm

I used the Push 2 outdoors today with the power supplied and the screen and pad brightness settings maxed out and it was still much too dim for me to use in a slightly shaded area. For reference the screen on the laptop i used was bright enough to see clearly, not by a lot, but enough. It was really more of a problem with the pads all lookng almost white than the display being too dark.

So, in referencing one of the op's original questions:

* Does anyone know if the Launchpad mk3 or the Mini one get much brighter than the Push 2?

I tried one of the mk2 Launchpads years ago and it was so bright indoors that it hurt my eyes. So i was hoping maybe those were still super-bright.

johnsimmons

Post by johnsimmons » Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 pm

If it's helpful to anyone out there:

Yes, the Launchpad Mini mk3 is usefully brighter than the Push 2. It's definitely not enough to overpower direct sunlight, but it was just barely usable with a cloudy sky and in the shade it was basically fine. I tried the Mini first over the X because I heard it was brighter.