Some vsts not showing up in plugins browser

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lotaz

Some vsts not showing up in plugins browser

Post by lotaz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:40 am

So I hold alt and press rescan for plugins in preferences, and then the status bar shows me all of the plugins it reads through, but then these same plugins (whose titles appear in the status bar) do not actually show up in my plugins browser.

I'm pretty lost here so if anyone has any ideas that'd be a huge help 8)

miekwave

Re: Some vsts not showing up in plugins browser

Post by miekwave » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:51 am

lotaz wrote:So I hold alt and press rescan for plugins in preferences, and then the status bar shows me all of the plugins it reads through, but then these same plugins (whose titles appear in the status bar) do not actually show up in my plugins browser.

a. Which programs are not showing up?
b. Did you install .dlls to correct 32-bit and 64-bit folders
c. Did you reference the correct root VST folders for both Live x32 and Live x64

Diagnostics
a. Did you try scanning solo folders
b. On File manager are files fully loaded or does it say corrupted file?
c. Are reference (required) .dll loaded in correct directories

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:20 am

Hi lotaz.

Quote_KoiOfficial_ " One interesting note is that there is a file name dependency in whether or not ableton recognizes a given file. For example: I remade my custom vst folder today after downloading the 64 bit version of ableton, only to find that some of my NI plugins (which I knew for a fact were x64) did not appear in the ableton browser. By renaming them "[originalName](64bit).dll", ableton was able to correctly identify them. Jus sayin"

Quote from https://www.ableton.com/answers/problem ... n-ableton9

This helped me with issue.

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:22 pm

lotaz wrote:So I hold alt and press rescan for plugins in preferences, and then the status bar shows me all of the plugins it reads through, but then these same plugins (whose titles appear in the status bar) do not actually show up in my plugins browser.

this happened to me with Steinberg plugins padshop and retrolouge they would scan but not appear in browser

I clicked re-authorize ableton in the options menu and it somehow fixed it for me