nanoKONTROL 2 issues - track focus

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
guidold

nanoKONTROL 2 issues - track focus

Post by guidold » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:36 am

Hey guys, I just set up my new nanoKONTROL 2 with Live 9.6 but I ran into an annoying problem.

I'm using the Mackie Control script and everything works fine except for one thing: whenever I move a fader, Live focuses on that track. This becomes a problem when I try to move two faders at the same time, as Live just crashes when I do that. I have tried using CC mode, but I don't get the lights feedback that I get when I use the Mackie Control script.

Is there any way to change this fader behavior? I've searched for custom scripts but I haven't found a solution.

Thanks!

chymera

Re: nanoKONTROL 2 issues - track focus

Post by chymera » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right solution, but have you tried disabling "select on launch" in preferences (in the Record / Warp / Launch pane)..

fatphil

Post by fatphil » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi guidold,

Did you get this working correctly in the end? I have the same problem.
I have no crash, but I get flickering between selected tracks. I tried chymera's idea but that didn't fix it.

I also can't get the faders to use pick-up mode. Meaning they jump around :(
I'm now looking at a simple script to fix that. The only one I've found so far is the "APC Emulation" by dynamiiic, but that script does too much for what I need.

Anyone got any pointers on that? I'll keep browsing the forum...

Thanks,
Phil

guidold

Post by guidold » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay.

I actually got this to work. My brother was able to tweak the MackieControl remote script file that comes with Live 9 to get rid of the track focus. Then I just renamed it "nanoKONTROL2".

You can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/nanokontrol2

Just copy and paste the folder in the zip file to the MIDI Remote Scripts folder. On my machine it's at C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts
Then select "nanoKONTROL2" as your control surface in Live 9.

Hope it helps!

fatphil

Post by fatphil » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Guidold,

Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to buy http://www.nativekontrol.com/nK2-Live.html and it seems to do exactly what I want with no hassle. It's only 15 USD
It fixes the jumping faders problem and also the unwanted track select on fader movement, as well as adding a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't tried yet.

Phil

shanebi

Post by shanebi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:05 am

guidold wrote:Hi guys! Sorry for the delay.

I actually got this to work. My brother was able to tweak the MackieControl remote script file that comes with Live 9 to get rid of the track focus. Then I just renamed it "nanoKONTROL2".

You can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/nanokontrol2

Just copy and paste the folder in the zip file to the MIDI Remote Scripts folder. On my machine it's at C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts
Then select "nanoKONTROL2" as your control surface in Live 9.

Hope it helps!
I clicked on this link and it auto directed me to home page. So I made an account and I still can't find this download. Can you help? My free account is only for 7 days.

Thank you in advance!