Avid Artist/MC Control + Artist/MC Mix Setup Guide

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
otalgia99

Re: Avid Artist/MC Control + Artist/MC Mix Setup Guide

Post by otalgia99 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Hello again, everyone

I am writing with a few clarifications and amendments to my previous post in this thread. I apologize for any confusion or missimpression created by hasty composition on my part.

- For "Soft Keys" in my post, please read "TOUCH SCREEN."

Unfortunately, I initially wrote "Soft Keys" without appreciating that they are their own, entirely different thing on the MC Control. I'm sorry if this incorrect reference caused anyone unnececssary head-scratching! To be clear, I intended to describe the illuminated graphics on the touchscreen that can execute many various kinds of programmed commands.

- Regarding the EUCON MACKIE EMULATION ERROR (referred to in my last post): I just now see that it is thrown shortly after booting up the MC Control, as opposed to me only seeing it upon quitting LIVE, as described above.

-- If this emulation error is "a real thing," it might contributing to, or the sole source of, the incomplete functionality problems I am experiencing (no fader or transport recognition; no response from most touchscreen keys).

But I'm at a loss as to what I can do to remedy this error -- a scouring of the interwebs has turned up nothing specific to this exact error message.

-- The error message itself refers me to a review pf my network setup settings, but the MC Control is clearly on the network -- it works fine with Digital Performer, it responds to changes in focused applications, etc.

I'm clutching at straws here, but do I perhaps need to assign the MC Control an IP address, rather than its current configuration of automatically taking one?

The full text of the error message is:

An error was encountered while starting EUCON Mackie Control Emulation.
Please check your network setup, make sure a network port is active, and check your network cabling.
After your network is established, re-start EUCON from the Euphonix control panel.

As ever, I very much appreciate the time and consideration devoted to helping me work through this.

All the best,
O-99
Perform. rig
MacBook Pro 2015 | OS 12.6 | 2.8 GHz Quad Intel i7 | 16Gb RAM | 4 Tb External HDD (USB3) | MicroBook IIc | Akai APC40 MkII | LIVE 11 Suite

Prod. rig
Mac Studio M1 Max | OS 13.2.1 | 64 Gb RAM | MiniStack STX | ApolloX6 | Live 11 Suite

otalgia99

Post by otalgia99 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:20 pm

HAPPY UPDATE:

I now have the MC Control working with LIVE.

The Mackie Control Emulation Error is still being thrown (I see now that User Switching may trigger it for some reason) but the error can be cleared with a visit to SYSTEM PREF's > EUCON and using the STOP / START button located there.

Other than that minor annoyance, I'm pleasantly surprised that the MC Control is working more completely than I anticipated:

TOUCH SCREEN > SOFT KEYS do not need to be key mapped after all -- they function natively "as advertised" (saving me a ton of dreaded drudgery).

TRANSPORT now working as expected too -- indeed, this template has enough different options for transport control that it's hard to decide where to start and stop playback from! :lol:

All of which is to say that I can now move on to the rather-more-joyful-joy of establishing a workflow with LIVE on the MC Control, as opposed to the struggle of establishing functionality between the two.

Many thanks to qthegaijin for blazing this trail, and to all who read and considered my posts.

O99
Perform. rig
MacBook Pro 2015 | OS 12.6 | 2.8 GHz Quad Intel i7 | 16Gb RAM | 4 Tb External HDD (USB3) | MicroBook IIc | Akai APC40 MkII | LIVE 11 Suite

Prod. rig
Mac Studio M1 Max | OS 13.2.1 | 64 Gb RAM | MiniStack STX | ApolloX6 | Live 11 Suite

otalgia99

Post by otalgia99 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:34 pm

ALL GOOD NOW!

Just a final note to say that I have at last cleared the Eucon error.

For any of you who may experience a similar problem in future, here's how I solved mine:

I use two different OS X User Accounts on my workstation - one is an environment configured to host all music production activities; the other user account is for Everything Else.

I cleared the Eucon error by logging in as the "Everything Else" user; going into SYSTEM PREF'S > EUCON; and disabling the auto-startup option for THAT USER ACCOUNT ONLY.

i retained the auto-startup option in the "Music Production Environment" OS X User Account, and that did it -- no more nagging alerts, but I still get Eucon services started automatically in the environment where I want them.

Stay safe, everyone, and thanks again to all.

O99
Perform. rig

Prod. rig

TrueSchoolEnt

Post by TrueSchoolEnt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 pm

I am more than pleased to see so many people solving their issues with this, and being productive! MEANWHILE, i'm sitting here with the app on my ipad and damned if I can do anything other than start and stop, and control the faders. The advertisement claims that it an operate parameters in FabFilter, Waves, etc. But so far, that's not proving to be the case, and the ability to "draw" rather than have to dink around with a mouse, was a great part of the attraction for me. Granted I know that this is primarily meant for PT, but if you're going to advertise use with other DAWs, then they shouldn't take so damned much effort to get there.

THAT SAID, i'm using LIve 10 Suite, OS is Catalina 10.15.4, and control is installed on my iPad Air2

dboy

Post by dboy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi there. I have an Avid S1 and Dock along with iPads running Pro Control. Everything works very well with ableton, faders/soft keys etc... EXCEPT there is no metering whatsoever. I tried replacing the midi driver posted here but it makes no difference. it's frustrating because everything else works very well! Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix? Thanks!

topaz

Post by topaz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Metering is not working in avid control either.

seems live a live eucon bug, anyone have a fix at all ?
Complete Cycle, Contemporary Music for Film, TV, Media & Games.
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com

slavicio

Post by slavicio » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:54 am

Hi will there ever be a capability to control aux sends on AVID ARTIST MIX? Also, how do I access the Master fader?

Thank you so much for your support!