Ableton not picking up Amplitube, just straight guitar sig.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BigMac2304

Ableton not picking up Amplitube, just straight guitar sig.

Post by BigMac2304 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:56 am

Hi everyone, I am a beginner that have just done my first recording through Ableton live through a Line6 HD500X multi-effex pedalboard unit successfuly with an audio-interface.

However, when I removed the multi-effex pedalboard unit and try to record with Amplitube 4, Ableton Live is not able to pick up effects and amp sims from Amplitube 4. Only my guitar tone.

Can someone please tell me what have I missed?

Lojik

Re: Ableton not picking up Amplitube, just straight guitar sig.

Post by Lojik » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm

How are you trying to record?

Amplitube is an effects plugin so for it to work you need to put it on an audio channel and record your clean guitar straight through the preamp. That means that if you disable amplitube it will most likely sound really dull and rubbish, but enabling Amplitube simulates the point where your guitar would normally enter the front of an amplifier.

Also make sure that the High Z input (if your interface has it) is the one you're using for guitar.

Stromkraft

Re: Ableton not picking up Amplitube, just straight guitar sig.

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:48 pm

BigMac2304 wrote:Hi everyone, I am a beginner that have just done my first recording through Ableton live through a Line6 HD500X multi-effex pedalboard unit successfuly with an audio-interface.

However, when I removed the multi-effex pedalboard unit and try to record with Amplitube 4, Ableton Live is not able to pick up effects and amp sims from Amplitube 4. Only my guitar tone.

Can someone please tell me what have I missed?
Effects in the track strip are after the recording in the signal path. To print to track you need to record in another track that takes its input from Amplitube 4 track PostFX. Alternatively you can flatten the Amplitube 4 track, which would remove any effects after having blended them in the resulting audio.
Make some music!