Is it possible to map midi jog wheel to transport?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nuanda78

Is it possible to map midi jog wheel to transport?

Post by Nuanda78 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Dear all,
I have a midi controller with jog wheel that can control transport scrubbing perfectly when used in mackie emulation.
Problem is, if I use it in mackie emulation I can't use the controllers' faders/knobs the way I would like to (assigning them to specific midi ccs).
If on the contrary I use the controller in midi cc mode I'm golden, as I can use the faders the way I want, I can midi map in Live the transport controls of the controller to transport in Live, BUT I can't find a way to midi map the jog wheel to control transport scrubbing, and that is a feature I totally love.

any idea on how to get a jog wheel to control arrangement scrubbing via midi mapping?

Thanks.

Stromkraft

Re: Is it possible to map midi jog wheel to transport?

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Nuanda78 wrote:
any idea on how to get a jog wheel to control arrangement scrubbing via midi mapping?
I haven't looked into this in detail, but I think chances are slim for this. Probably converting Mackie to MIDI will give more. I am interested in that as I have an Alphatrack I use for faders and there are other controls as well, but don't have the time really at the moment.
Make some music!

Osmose

Re: Is it possible to map midi jog wheel to transport?

Post by Osmose » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:50 pm

I used a Griffin Powermate for several years on various versions of LIVE to control Zoom in/out (depress and turn right to left), Stop / Start (depress) and Shuttle back and forth (turn right/left). The mapping was done in LIVE and on some simple software that comes with the Powermate. It worked great and emulated the Fairlight controls that I was using for the DAW I worked on at work. This helped in the speed at which a lot of editing and mixing could be done. Sadly a MAC OS update finally made the knob useless.

Link to defunct Powermate: https://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technolo ... WU2WA?th=1

I have been looking for a new jog wheel ever sense. Recently I've been looking at this TEK2 from Intechstudio. It's not out yet so it maybe junk or may have compatibility issues...or it could be awesome.

https://intech.studio/shop/tek2
- All Vinyl All The Time -

"Quality Music For Forward People"