Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Discuss Push with other users.
masalva

Re: Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Post by masalva » Sat May 14, 2022 8:47 pm

Good for you, Mark Williams! Your comment doesn't really help, but well.
Hopefully the new one I get won't have the same problem and I receive one like yours. I know some have the issue and some don't. Crossing my fingers!

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun May 15, 2022 8:40 am

Let me correct that for you, the vast majority do not have issue. Only a very, very, small minority do. No hardware is 100% free from failure rate.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

masalva

Post by masalva » Mon May 16, 2022 7:12 pm

I agree. The question is: Why are those controllers slipping through quality control? It doesn't take a lot to finda faulty one. All you have to do is press all the pads, one by one. Did you read about the guy in Tbilisi, Georgia who had the same problem. He went back to the store and they opened 5 or so new boxes. All those controllers had the same stuck pads issue.
Don't get me wrong, I love this controller. I just wish I didn't have to deal with all the hassle of contacting support, having to send it back by mail, wait a couple of weeks to get a new one back, etc. I guess no one likes to do that with a new product. Specially when it's something Quality Control could easily identify.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue May 17, 2022 1:19 pm

Push and Push2 are very expensive. You could say, and in a way you are right, there should be quality control - or better quality control. But that would make the units even more expensive I guess.

I have mine for 6 years now, and never any problems whatsoever, but I think it depends strongly on the batch they are from. I have read from the guy from Tiblisi, and that might be a "wrong batch".

It is never fun to return a product and wait for a hopefull better one. But it is the best you can do right now.......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 17, 2022 7:45 pm

masalva wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:12 pm
I just wish I didn't have to deal with all the hassle of contacting support, having to send it back by mail, wait a couple of weeks to get a new one back, etc. I guess no one likes to do that with a new product.
Yep, that sure is a pita. Thankfully it's been replaced.
Ableton Forum Moderator

masalva

Post by masalva » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:32 pm

So I got my replacement Push 2. Guess what? The bottom hand right pad at the corner is also sticking at times. It doesn't seem to happen as often as with my previous Push, but still. I really don't know what to do. Should I just keep it and wait till the warranty is over and then open the device and fix it myself? Or should I ask for another replacement and wait again for three weeks? What would you do?

dougdi

Post by dougdi » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:11 pm

I would get it replaced, what if trying to fix it yourself is unsuccessful? I bought mine at a shop and returned it because someone already registered it. Both units were in perfect shape, so they don’t all have problems. You are owed a working Push2, and I have faith you’ll get one.
Doug

DrTek

Post by DrTek » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:01 pm

Ok, So apparently there's a batch of Push 2 being returned for the exact same issue, and then distributed again for new chumps to buy them. I've got mine replaced, some pads stuck and randomly triggered neighbour pads. I thought the new unit was fine, but, oh, surprise, there's a couple of pads that randomly stick. This time is going to be more work for Ableton support, as they are going to lift the registration of the unit from my account. :mrgreen:

MiMa

Post by MiMa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:00 am

Exactly same problem, brand new Push2 and there were like 6-7 pads that randomly stuck. Worked perfectly at full vertical position, so no sw problem. Pad sensitivity did not change anything.
Will be replaced, if replacement unit is also faulty Ableton can keep it's s**t and I wait until Push 3.

phil-ip beats

Post by phil-ip beats » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 pm

I had problems with pad stuck too.

My unit was replaced 4 times until I had a unit withour issues.

lalakulo

Post by lalakulo » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Here is another one, some pads are less responsive and really need to push them hard, it's frustrating and gets you out of the mood.
Had the same with the push1, i bought the push 2 because of that and hoped things would be better,
Shame for the amount of money it costs.

Now i read on reddit that many of these units suffer from the same issues and it could be the screws on the back of the unit that cause it, but no way i am going fiddle with that.

RDiiO

Post by RDiiO » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:50 am

Same experience. Just purchased a new Push 2 from ZZounds on November 11th, the first Push 2 showed up and had a completely black screen when powered on, so they sent me a second replacement and its multiple stuck pads all over it. ZZounds refused to exchange it for a 3rd time (don't ever shop there) and basically left me with a defective product, time and money wasted.

I've already submitted a ticket with Ableton support but there is no telling when they'll actually respond to send a replacement. Ableton has pulled Push 2 from a lot of major retail locations this year and it's really a bad look for them to continue to sell this product at full retail where you can find it and never address issues like this. Reading that people have to replace these units 4-5 times is just terrible.

jeanvoyage

Post by jeanvoyage » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:11 am

Just wait until your Push itself starts getting sticky

dh2k

Post by dh2k » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:41 pm

I have a push 2 since 2016 and i got a second one in 2023 a week ago.
They are both producing the same bug, on two different computers, which makes me think this is probably a software issue; either some bug was introduced during the Ableton v11 updates, and/or MacOs Ventura 13 has some midi/usb internal driver issues.
I was happily using my old 2016 push for 8 years without issues, it is built like a tank.

The bug I'm experiencing is that when some pads's lights are active on the Push 2, and I'm switching to another track, the active pads are staying on. They are not making sound, just the lights are staying on. If I'm switching tracks back and forth, the active lights on each tracks are being carried over to the newly selected tracks. It seems to be the driver/software/firmware forgots to turn off the lights / clear the matrix on track switching.

Like I said, since two Push 2 controllers with 8 years difference started to produce the exact same buggy behavior, it would be hard to believe that this is a hardware issue. Please share if you have the same/similar experience. I wrote to the customer support and waiting for their reply.

jii75

Post by jii75 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:30 pm

dh2k wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:41 pm
I have a push 2 since 2016 and i got a second one in 2023 a week ago.
They are both producing the same bug, on two different computers, which makes me think this is probably a software issue; either some bug was introduced during the Ableton v11 updates, and/or MacOs Ventura 13 has some midi/usb internal driver issues.
I was happily using my old 2016 push for 8 years without issues, it is built like a tank.

The bug I'm experiencing is that when some pads's lights are active on the Push 2, and I'm switching to another track, the active pads are staying on. They are not making sound, just the lights are staying on. If I'm switching tracks back and forth, the active lights on each tracks are being carried over to the newly selected tracks. It seems to be the driver/software/firmware forgots to turn off the lights / clear the matrix on track switching.

Like I said, since two Push 2 controllers with 8 years difference started to produce the exact same buggy behavior, it would be hard to believe that this is a hardware issue. Please share if you have the same/similar experience. I wrote to the customer support and waiting for their reply.
Did you got reply from Ableton support? I have exactly same problem. I think it came with version 11 (I have now version 11.2.10) I have macOS Monterey