Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Discuss Push with other users.
muraco mato

Re: Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Post by muraco mato » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:52 pm

dh2k wrote: ↑
I have a push 2 since 2016 and i got a second one in 2023 a week ago.
They are both producing the same bug, on two different computers, which makes me think this is probably a software issue; either some bug was introduced during the Ableton v11 updates, and/or MacOs Ventura 13 has some midi/usb internal driver issues.
I was happily using my old 2016 push for 8 years without issues, it is built like a tank.

The bug I'm experiencing is that when some pads's lights are active on the Push 2, and I'm switching to another track, the active pads are staying on. They are not making sound, just the lights are staying on. If I'm switching tracks back and forth, the active lights on each tracks are being carried over to the newly selected tracks. It seems to be the driver/software/firmware forgots to turn off the lights / clear the matrix on track switching.

Like I said, since two Push 2 controllers with 8 years difference started to produce the exact same buggy behavior, it would be hard to believe that this is a hardware issue. Please share if you have the same/similar experience. I wrote to the customer support and waiting for their reply.

I have the exact issue as u stated , ventura osx 13 and live 11 waiting for support

dh2k

Re: Push 2 problem with pad stuck!

Post by dh2k » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:52 am

Hello,

the pad stuck problem was a bug confirmed, it was introduced in Ableton 11.2.6 (confirmed by Ableton Support).
you need to download the latest Ableton software (11.3.2) + Update the firmware (automatic) on your P2, then it should be fixed!