Push 2 ”restarting” screen randomly

Discuss Push with other users.
tobeyg

Push 2 ”restarting” screen randomly

Post by tobeyg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm

I just bought a used Ableton Push 2. It’s not that “used” actually. The seller says that he’s used it just one time since he bought it in August and it really smells and looks like brand new.

I’ve tried it out for an hour and everything works great as expected except for one thing. During my test session, the screen turned black, showed the Push logo and then went back to normal a few times (maybe four) randomly. The pads work as normal during the “reboot”, it’s only the screen that is “rebooting”. I can’t really say if the problem occurs during any specific action. It’s just random with some minutes in between.

I’m using some kind of guarantee with the website that I buy it through, so I now have 24 hours to try the Push out and can then return it and get the money back if I’m not happy with it. So I’m turning to you for some advice. Is this a common problem or a bug that can be solved? Or should I send it back to the seller?

I’m using a MacBook Pro 13 inch Retina from 2013 with Ableton Live 9.7.5.

Tarekith

Re: Push 2 ”restarting” screen randomly

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 am

Tried a different USB cable? Also, make sure that Push is listed only once in Ableton's MIDI Control Surface.

HFFR

Post by HFFR » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am

Hi, I have same problem here.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Have you tried an other usb cable?
Ableton Forum Moderator