Korg micro and Kontrol 49 users keep the faith !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ashtonron

Post by ashtonron » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:28 am

Please yes

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:50 pm

YES :!:

faze3

Post by faze3 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:14 pm

After finally getting a microkontrol and playing around with it for a bit, i am on the 'YES' side of the fence too :wink:

gaspode

Post by gaspode » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm

For the love of god yes... it is so damn handy in Reason...

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Forget about it! It must be all about politics their must be some reason why the can't do it.

Just get a Novation REmote and use the MK for REASon only, or what I plan to do in some cases use my MK in MAckie Emulation mode which is like Native mode if you havent heard of LC XMU check it out. And use the Novation Remote SL 25 for REason in Automap mode so that way i dont have to switch back and forth two dedicated controllers very nice. And I have the UC33e just for some on the fly effect control.

Another nice setup has been using all of my controllers in Reason by Locking the UC33e to the mixer and using the MK and REmote SL as the NAtive contoller for say MK REdrum and SL for one of the Synths very nice setup.

SO give up its all politics

later
Dustin

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:16 pm

yes yes yes yessssssssssss!!

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:09 pm

dbolt wrote:Forget about it! It must be all about politics their must be some reason why the can't do it.

Just get a Novation REmote and use the MK for REASon only, or what I plan to do in some cases use my MK in MAckie Emulation mode which is like Native mode if you havent heard of LC XMU check it out. And use the Novation Remote SL 25 for REason in Automap mode so that way i dont have to switch back and forth two dedicated controllers very nice. And I have the UC33e just for some on the fly effect control.

Another nice setup has been using all of my controllers in Reason by Locking the UC33e to the mixer and using the MK and REmote SL as the NAtive contoller for say MK REdrum and SL for one of the Synths very nice setup.

SO give up its all politics

later
Dustin
Hello, my name is Hobbes. If Ableton is (in this case) our leader, then they are acting as an extention of our interests, after all, we contribute our time to them, as well as pay for their product. If in fact this, shall I say, Hobbesian political philosophy is and adequate reflection of how things work, it is in our interest politically to speak our minds and try to establish some sort of majority.

OK, my name is not Hobbes. It's Lofa, and I own the LC XMU, and I still say YES!

From what I gather, it still get's some of the higher ratings for it's compatability with live (see current CM) and it is a very economical way of getting the meat and potatos out of soft synths like Operator.

gaspode

Post by gaspode » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:26 pm

LOFA wrote:From what I gather, it still get's some of the higher ratings for it's compatability with live (see current CM) and it is a very economical way of getting the meat and potatos out of soft synths like Operator.
And it looks sexy doing it.

dj roman

Post by dj roman » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:00 pm

si!
XP Sp2, 3.0ghzP P4 HT, 1GB 3200DDR Motu 828 mk2 FIREWIRE, Korg Kontrol49, Xone 92,
Reason 3, LIVE 5.02
www.SceneOrlando.com
I JUST FINISHED READING THE MANUAL. I STILL HAVE FREAKING QUESTIONS.

milka

Post by milka » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:43 am

i got Kontrol 49 since a while,
i have been struggling to get the best MIDI controll mapping,
with Live 5. :(
Anyone got an idea what would be the best possible way to MIDI program
this nice keyboard to kontrol Live?
Any examples?

thanks in advance,
milka
iBook G4 1Mhz/Korg Kontrol 49/Evolution U-Control/Evolution UC-33/Logic/Reason/Live/ http://www.shapko.com

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:04 am

milka quoted
got Kontrol 49 since a while,
with Live 5.
Any examples?

Yes check out the LC Xmu its only $40 and its worth it u will no longer worry about mapping any controllers anymore its very tactile and you can spend more time concentrating on the music not the technical parts. You have to get use to the shortcuts that are assigned to the pads their are some multi button functions but once you get use to it you start flying around the MK its amazing its like noodling around on a Guitar or KEYS it becomes very smooth.

Later
Dustin

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:44 am

dbolt wrote:milka quoted
got Kontrol 49 since a while,
with Live 5.
Any examples?

Yes check out the LC Xmu its only $40 and its worth it u will no longer worry about mapping any controllers anymore its very tactile and you can spend more time concentrating on the music not the technical parts. You have to get use to the shortcuts that are assigned to the pads their are some multi button functions but once you get use to it you start flying around the MK its amazing its like noodling around on a Guitar or KEYS it becomes very smooth.

Later
Dustin
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... crokontrol

LC Xmu is good, but so is the info on this thread for impulse-pad-performance mode, rather than for the intensive, incredible Xmu-MCU mode.

B3

Native Mode PLEASE :)

Post by B3 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Ableton has proven to be a great company and great innovators with Live, and I'm sure they won't let us down when it comes to support for Native Mode.

So, please count my vote! Native Mode Please!!!

LOFA

Re: Native Mode PLEASE :)

Post by LOFA » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:09 pm

B3 wrote:Ableton has proven to be a great company and great innovators with Live, and I'm sure they won't let us down when it comes to support for Native Mode.

Wow. this thread started july 10th 2005, right around the time version 5 was released. Ableton has been awfully quiet. I take this as a good sign.

rikhyray

Re: Native Mode PLEASE :)

Post by rikhyray » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:31 pm

LOFA wrote:
B3 wrote:Ableton has proven to be a great company and great innovators with Live, and I'm sure they won't let us down when it comes to support for Native Mode.

Wow. this thread started july 10th 2005, right around the time version 5 was released. Ableton has been awfully quiet. I take this as a good sign.
I am sorry, that I ever started it but I already wrote few months later, after conversation with Ableton- forget about it- Native mode wasnt and will never be on priority list, any Ableton list for that matter. So you people might keep feeding this hopeless thread, as for myself my Korg will be gone this Sunday on Ebay and my Novation SL arriving anytime.
Meanwhile that truly innovative Korg concept became old news so what is the point anyway, it would be waste of time for Abletonians.
I suppose even Korg will come with something better. Let us see end of the month in Frankfurt.