Transpose all Tracks at once

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
73grad

Transpose all Tracks at once

Post by 73grad » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi!
I am searching now for days.
I need a plugin like the pitcher-plugin with an "apply" button so that the midi-tracks will all be changed e.g. 2 semitones up.
I found "chaos culture Multiclip" here: https://isotonikstudios.com/product/mid ... ip-editor/
But on that plugin I must select EACH Track. That is annoying. Isn´t there an easy plugin where I can just select all tracks and apply my +2 semitones to all clips in all tracks?
Is there a maxforlive solution somewhere? Any suggestions? I don`t want to transpose track by track. That is not professional. By the way I want to check different scales till I have the right one.

That is such an easy function - but I can´t find any easy solution.

Da hand

Re: Transpose all Tracks at once

Post by Da hand » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:20 am

Just place Live's MIDI Pitch effect on each MIDI track, then assign the Pitch on each of them to the same MIDI controller knob or slider. While it won't change the original notes in the clips, it will change (all at the same time) the final pitch reaching the instruments. This way you can easily check different pitches very quickly.

73grad

Post by 73grad » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Thank you for your reply. But what I want is to really change the pitch in the clips as it is possible in cubase & Co. Is there a third party plugin that can do this?

marchseventh

Post by marchseventh » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:04 am

Is this issue resolved? I have the same request.
I have a song that I have already programed 30tracks MIDI notes in lots of clips. Now the singer need to pitch them up 2 semitone. I have to transpose all notes up except the percussion tracks. And I don't want to use transposing MIDI effects because I need to check out the notes in real pitch sometime so that I can remind myself what chord or scale that I was worked in. The song is not finished.

What I need is just like other DAW,
1, select all clips in all tracks which need to transpose
2, click a button to transpose all selected.

what can I do?

thanks a lot

ozinga

Post by ozinga » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:26 am

Only way I think is
Select all clips
Open up piano roll
Select all notes
use up and down arrows to move notes

mr.adl