latency issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
magicjeff

latency issue

Post by magicjeff » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 am

Hello,
I recently had a drummer create a track for my song. He sent me the track as a WAV file and I dropped it in and it sounded great. However as the song progressed the drum beat no longer matched my song. I tried to move the track but no matter what I did I could not get it to line up. It's like all of a sudden the speed of the track changed ever so slightly or there is some delay or latency or slow down or speed up and I don't know why. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks, Jeff

spendthrift2

Re: latency issue

Post by spendthrift2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:14 pm

magicjeff wrote:Hello,
I recently had a drummer create a track for my song. He sent me the track as a WAV file and I dropped it in and it sounded great. However as the song progressed the drum beat no longer matched my song. I tried to move the track but no matter what I did I could not get it to line up. It's like all of a sudden the speed of the track changed ever so slightly or there is some delay or latency or slow down or speed up and I don't know why. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks, Jeff

That sounds really weird. My initial thought was to tell you of my issues with latency - dropping out and crackling - with Ableton Live 10 Suite, but your issue sounds a little bit different than that. The way my issue was resolved was by altering advanced processor settings.

settings > system > power & sleep > additional power settings > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > + processor power mangement (expand the little plus sign) > change the minimum processor state to 100% > change the maximum processor state to 100%

That was it for my system. That's all it took and the latency issues were all resolved.

But for you, it sounds like you may want to contact Abelton Tech Support. Just call the number for Sales support and ask them for the tech support guys. Tel: +1 (323) 924-3808* https://www.ableton.com/en/help/ Here is a link to the Help page as well. Support options are at the very bottom of the page. Good luck! :)

jestermgee

Re: latency issue

Post by jestermgee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:24 am

Is warp on?