Exporting error '.aad not found'

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
brettsotto

Re: Exporting error '.aad not found'

Post by brettsotto » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:14 am

Howdy- dealt with this same issue this week.

Problem:

Tracks not exporting, same error message mentioned in the thread. Live crashing when attempting to open it (separate from trying to open any specific project).

Context:

Working in an Ableton Project that requires a ton of CPU because of all the plug-ins and processing, a lot of tracks going at once, just a high workload for the computer (working off of the smallest and least capable MacBook Air out there). I save my work to an external hard drive, which is where all related files are kept for me. When this export problem began, the CPU for this project was pushing 90-100.

Solution:

- Cleaned up all signal chains, removing unnecessary / redundant plugins and effects
- Froze ALL tracks on the project
- Collect and Save
- Cleaned up my computer's hard drive. It was nearly full, and I brought it down to being 2/3 full.

Tried a million things but it didn't start working again until those 3 actions were taken. Give it a shot, hope it works for you.

sade

Re: Exporting error '.aad not found'

Post by sade » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:45 am

Had this happen today so I created a new Save Folder for the Export location & completed a restart of the PC.

This seems to have fixed the issue as I was able to export the MP3 & WAV files successfully and they are playable from the new folder.

I think the Cache is affected on a folder when there may be too many project MP3s & WAVs in it but I have no real clue because I'm not a Tech person.

I hope this works for others.