Quickly switching MIDI Mappings

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: Quickly switching MIDI Mappings

Post by S4racen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:28 am

sefable wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm
Unfortunately I use the press of the encoders to reset the knobs to their initial values.
Then you would use the MIDI Message from your Keyboard

sefable wrote:
Using the macros in session clip would work but it's tedious, it clutters the set, it needs to be copied from project to project, it's not dynamic
Macros are dynamic, you write them once and they work in all sets
sefable wrote:
if I add a 13 bank I have to update it manually everywhere. Right now in javascript I have the number of banks and a simple loop creates the banks dynamically. This is because this device will be used for different projects with different parameter banks. I could actually use javascipt and LOM to create session clips, but I would also then need to script the configuration file for ClyphX.

Its a matter of copying and pasting bank 12 and changing 8 numbers to 13
sefable wrote:
Also, I would need to integrate your OSC display solution so I have visual feedback. Which would also need to be scripted.
You can query the Bound parameters via MaxforLive also
sefable wrote:
It would all work but it would be tedious, not easily portable to different projects and it would cost money.
You've already spent more money in time trying a solution that probably won't end up working, the Macros and everything else I've described works across projects at the Control Surface Level which is a high priority thread as opposed to Max4Lives low priority thread.
sefable wrote:
Whereas right now, I have a perfectly working solution for now and in the long run. I just need to find a way to remove the automation for the physical knobs and it's done deal. So if you have any idea to share please do.
From the Live Object Model
Functions

clear_all_envelopes

Removes all automation in the clip.
clear_envelope

Parameter:
device_parameter [id]
Removes the automation of the clip for the given parameter.
sefable wrote:
If I can't find a solution I'll just manually delete automation each time I overdub which is a smaller price to pay.
No worries!

Cheers
D

sefable

Post by sefable » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:07 am

I appreciate your help but you are actually more trying to sell your product than helping me achieve my true goal.

It's also becoming negative and unhelpful, I quote : "[...] a solution that probably won't end up working".

My solution is working perfectly fine except for one detail, I've been playing for several days with it now.

sefable

Post by sefable » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:16 am

"clear_all_envelopes" is to clear envelope in clips.

I need a way to clear envelopes in tracks.

Envelopes in clips can only be draw by hand so I don't have an issue with those.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:37 am

sefable wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:07 am
I appreciate your help but you are actually more trying to sell your product than helping me achieve my true goal.

It's also becoming negative and unhelpful, I quote : "[...] a solution that probably won't end up working".

My solution is working perfectly fine except for one detail, I've been playing for several days with it now.
No worries, thought ten years of experience might help....

Cheers
D

sefable

Post by sefable » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Modulation envelopes for device parameters can only be drawn or copied/paste from automation envelopes.