Novation SL mk3 loosing parameters labels after press OPTION to access other parameters

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SHall

Re: Novation SL mk3 loosing parameters labels after press OPTION to access other parameters

Post by SHall » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Anyone else having this problem? Hesitating to upgrade my SL MK3 firmware.

Dr. Zoiberg

Re: Novation SL mk3 loosing parameters labels after press OPTION to access other parameters

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I've updated both the SL firmware and Ableton Live, problem solved.

Romons

Post by Romons » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Dr. Zoiberg wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm
I've updated both the SL firmware and Ableton Live, problem solved.
maybe its only me, but let me ask you a question, if you take an operator in ableton, and you try to change the filter frequency with the sl mk3 knob only looking at the novation sl mk3 screen, its all ok in the screen? can you see the changes nice and smooth or with interrumptions? cause I have the circle working with a little bit of lag but maybe its only me, the problem affected me in bitwig too cause I use booth but I had a better performance in bitwig but now I'm writing to novation trying to solve the problem in the screen... or trying to downgrade cause I was better with bitwig and the last version of sl :evil:

SHall

Post by SHall » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Yes, You are right. the dial graphic on the SL screen is very jerky although the numerical readout is smooth.

SHall

Post by SHall » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Although I have only found it a problem on the Operator Filter and Resonance so far. Nothing else.

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:37 pm

maybe it is a bug in ableton live, write to support

IvanJones

Post by IvanJones » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:38 pm

I just got done chatting with Novation support for an hour about a similar issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fp0RC ... uo2HsZYmBb

They told me they are working on it but it seems this issue has been around a while... I'm not holding my breath...

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am

IvanJones wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:38 pm
I just got done chatting with Novation support for an hour about a similar issue.

They told me they are working on it but it seems this issue has been around a while... I'm not holding my breath...
if I remember correctly, that's how it is supposed to work.
you can map any parameter you want thru ableton live macros, and those will show in the novation sl.
what happens when you switch presets in massive, because you have activated the macros setup, Live automaps all of the parameters.

IvanJones

Post by IvanJones » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:49 pm

Dr. Zoiberg wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am
IvanJones wrote:

you can map any parameter you want thru ableton live macros, and those will show in the novation sl.
what happens when you switch presets in massive, because you have activated the macros setup, Live automaps all of the parameters.
My video shows the SL not working as intended. Novation support has seen this video and confirmed the ableton plugin display bug. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:55 pm

IvanJones wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:49 pm
Dr. Zoiberg wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am
IvanJones wrote:

My video shows the SL not working as intended. Novation support has seen this video and confirmed the ableton plugin display bug. I have no clue what you are talking about.
I guess they didn't point you to this:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... igurations

IvanJones

Post by IvanJones » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:29 pm

I change through about 100 patches in a given set. The SL is supposed to auto grab the macros. This is literally the only reason i bought the thing.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:50 pm

IvanJones wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:29 pm
I change through about 100 patches in a given set. The SL is supposed to auto grab the macros. This is literally the only reason i bought the thing.
Yeah, I can see why that would be annoying. I'm going to pay a bit more attention to my SL MK3. You know, I've definitely had something similar happen with the Push2, but that may have been the plugin not the hardware.

You may have mentioned this - is the issue just with Massive? As your vid showed, it worked well with Absynth.

IvanJones

Post by IvanJones » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:55 pm

It does the same thing with FM8