Ableton Push 3 update

Discuss Push with other users.
sowhoso

Re: Ableton Push 3 update

Post by sowhoso » Wed May 24, 2023 3:35 am

J-Fly wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:21 pm
You can choose the cheaper computer-required Push 3. Standalone appears to be very useful IMO.
as cool as they seem, I'm not paying $1000 for new pads. that's the only significant difference between push 2 and 3

again, if you need 3rd party plugins, standalone is useless. Ableton synths and fx are definitely not enough for me

Tuur

Post by Tuur » Wed May 24, 2023 5:28 am

sowhoso wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:35 am
I'm not paying $1000 for new pads. that's the only significant difference between push 2 and 3
If you don’t use the I/O.

For now I’m sticking to my P2, but the extra bucks would be a no brainer for me. The new controls and layout is also a nice upgrade IMO.

Chancery

Post by Chancery » Wed May 24, 2023 6:12 am

I'm surprised they decided to skip Superbooth with such an imminent announcement in the pipeline.
Then... Live 12 soon? Maybe? No? Ok...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed May 24, 2023 7:03 am

I like it a lot. I got all excited about stand alone, but there doesn't seem to be any way to chain Session Clips together with it? No Arrangement View and I haven't heard any mention of how to access Follow Actions on the stand alone?

Does anyone have any knowledge about this? because it really seems like a great competitor to AKAI MPCs and Force, ( I could theoretically literally sell my Babyface Pro FS, Linnstrument, and Push 2 for one device ) but if you can't actually make a song on it, only jam out ideas, that seems like a massive oversight.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Wed May 24, 2023 7:05 am

What an amazing product! I am happy with my Push 2 though and keeping my Roli Seaboard for MPE playing. But the day my Push 1 and PUsh 2 might break down I may look into a Push 3 replacement :-)
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 am

binarysun wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 pm
Don't think it's just the first batch. I have multiple gunky devices with this exact same coating. Every plastic deteriorates with time and the way this PU deteriorates is by getting sticky because the chemicals used to make these surfaces soft break down. Thing is that I have read numerous times that these sticky surfaces are carcinogen and recommendation is to stop using them immediately. Only chance you have is taking it all apart and using an orange based cleaner to scrub off all the gunk.

Hope they won't use these plastic type on a possible Push 3 ... apropos Push 3. Push 2 is out of stock in the Ableton shop now. Let's see what happens ;)
Any references for the carcinogen part? I have a couple of things with these soft coating that starts breakig down and so far I am undecided how to deal with them or if I should throw them in the bin.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed May 24, 2023 12:10 pm

...they also say push 3 sounds more analog than push 2...🤣: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1w9p_O17s
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Tuur

Post by Tuur » Wed May 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Tuur wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:21 pm
I have a really small wish list for the next incarnation...

Possible tech improvements:
- USB-C powered and / or power through
- Audio 2 in + 4 out (main & headphones / cue); maybe a separate model depending on the additional cost

Possible UX improvement:
- Rotary + 4 direction navigation knob (like Maschine's 4D encoder)
Nice score. Luckily they didn't forget MPE. 😅

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Wed May 24, 2023 5:05 pm

Oooops, I'm clearly out of the loop, so yeah, maybe 12 not too long from now.
Last edited by chris harbin on Wed May 24, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Wed May 24, 2023 5:06 pm

2000 bucks????????????????????????????????????????????

1000 bucks for the "controller" ?????????????????????????????

???????????????????????

Wow, I'm glad I got a Push 2, that was ENOUGH money.
Last edited by chris harbin on Wed May 24, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.

binarysun

Post by binarysun » Wed May 24, 2023 6:14 pm

mr.ergonomics wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 am

Any references for the carcinogen part? I have a couple of things with these soft coating that starts breakig down and so far I am undecided how to deal with them or if I should throw them in the bin.
There was a segment on TV here a while ago. So yes and no unfortunately. It was about the plasticizers that get “pulled out” to the surface and evaporate over time. Some don’t do anything bad while some are phthalates and stuff or other unpronouncable chemicals where some are carcinogen. Which specific chemicals have been used cannot be easily determined. There seem to be way too many that could be in there. Thing is that all plastics release unhealthy chemicals over time. Some more and some less.

Post by 102455 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:50 pm

Has anyone posted yet about using the Note app with Push 3 standalone?

It would be nice if Push 3 could access the cloud like Live 11, so we can transfer stuff. Rather awkward having to send from Note to Live then from Live to Push.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 pm

scheffkoch wrote: ...they also say push 3 sounds more analog than push 2...🤣: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1w9p_O17s
this is kind of telling on how many people won't fall for this inflated, over-priced, nothing new to offer piece of gear. it's just a hodgepodge of already existing technology. these early adopters have $$$ to blow and Ableton is happy to take it from them

why didn't they spend all those years researching how to fix Live's shortcomings, like the lack of efficiency that's makes projects bog down so quickly. all the innovation came in the early years/versions, nothing since except slowly trying to keep up with what other DAWs have been doing for years. I mean, how many DAWs have a limitation on return tracks? Routing leaves a lot to be desired. etc...

how long did it take them to implement COMPING?!!! yet they made it a "feature" of the latest like it was innovation. foork me!

I decided years ago to stick with v10 and push 2 until Ableton drops the hype-induced mentality and starts to make real progress with the DAW itself
Last edited by sowhoso on Wed May 24, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed May 24, 2023 11:59 pm

Ok
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu May 25, 2023 2:23 am

sowhoso wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 pm
scheffkoch wrote: ...they also say push 3 sounds more analog than push 2...🤣: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT1w9p_O17s
this is kind of telling on how many people won't fall for this inflated, over-priced, nothing new to offer piece of gear. it's just a hodgepodge of already existing technology. these early adopters have $$$ to blow and Ableton is happy to take it from them

why didn't they spend all those years researching how to fix Live's shortcomings, like the lack of efficiency that's makes projects bog down so quickly. all the innovation came in the early years/versions, nothing since except slowly trying to keep up with what other DAWs have been doing for years. I mean, how many DAWs have a limitation on return tracks? Routing leaves a lot to be desired. etc...

how long did it take them to implement COMPING?!!! yet they made it a "feature" of the latest like it was innovation. foork me!

I decided years ago to stick with v10 and push 2 until Ableton drops the hype-induced mentality and starts to make real progress with the DAW itself
Honestly I’ve always been a massively vocal critic of Ableton, but there aren’t that many DaWs that do MIDI comping, they did a good job with it. Plus if they ever implement some sort of arrangement ability in the stand alone version I’m all over it. Being able to use one device over 4 in the Linnstrument, Push 2, Babyface Pro, and laptop is an absolute advantage here. I travel for work a lot, and setting up one single device in a hotel room is fantastic!