Device preset and recall function

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Udo Behm

Device preset and recall function

Post by Udo Behm » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Is there anybody able (or is it possible at all) to program a Max for Live Device that can recall saved plug-in states (not only the parameters! I need the plug-in state as a whole (with loaded instrument/Vst) to be restored)?

I imagine having a max device that can store maybe up to 128 different configurations that can be loaded from previously saved ADG-files or from FXP or FXP presets.

The idea would be that I want to recall these presets when clicking on a numer or when pressing a midi controller that could be mapped to such a numer.

It is important to me that a whole saved instrument rack as ADG file gets actualized when pressing a button and that I don't have to use chains or several vsts. The device shall restore the instrument racks with all the instruments and settings that I made (and saved either as ADG, FXP or FXB file) before.

Anybode knows how to implement that idea with a max for live device?? To me it would help if that device could store maybe around 16 ADG oder FXP preset files and loads them once I want them to load...