How to automate the volume on the Dry signal on my guitar but it not effect the Reverb?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hoodrat1

How to automate the volume on the Dry signal on my guitar but it not effect the Reverb?

Post by Hoodrat1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 am

Heya,

I'm trying to do volume swells on my guitar. It's over 4 bars and at the beginning of each bar I hit a chord and it swells the volume like I want but then when the value goes back to zero I lose all the reverb which I want to keep?

I'm using the Neural DSP Abasi plug in - I'm configuring it so I have the reverb and delay and input and output available for automation but I can't figure out how do what I want above.

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

Lokan

Re: How to automate the volume on the Dry signal on my guitar but it not effect the Reverb?

Post by Lokan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:30 pm

use an audio effect rack with two chains. dry and reverb.
automate the volume of "dry" chain.

joeyfivecents

Re: How to automate the volume on the Dry signal on my guitar but it not effect the Reverb?

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Change your return tracks to Pre instead of Post fader sends. There's a button for each return track. If you set it to Pre, your mixer channel volume for your guitar won't affect how much guitar you're sending to the reverb on return track.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel