Ableton live support for ARA 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Re: Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by 102455 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Tommix wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm
Ableton users in particular would use this feature almost every day
Strange, as I'm an "Ableton user" (more accurately I'm a Live user) and in the 12 years ARA has existed, I've never needed it.

maxdonosos

Post by maxdonosos » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:38 pm

+1 for ARA. Or at least fix tempo mapping so non-ARA melodyne works better please!

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:51 pm

Runenlyd wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:28 am
Live 12 announcement today, and guess what ? Still no ARA2. This is definitely a (bad) joke not to listen to the customers at this point.
That is strange and sad. Pitch correction with a good workflow is the only thing missing for Ableton Live to grab big shares of the pop music production market too!

Tommix

Post by Tommix » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:33 pm

102455 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:36 pm
Tommix wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm
Ableton users in particular would use this feature almost every day
Strange, as I'm an "Ableton user" (more accurately I'm a Live user) and in the 12 years ARA has existed, I've never needed it.
It may well be that you don't need it. We musicians produce all kinds of different things and have different settings and people we work with. The music world doesn't revolve around you alone. Your argument of a niche product is misleading because a few programmes dominate the market and therefore a few companies have millions of customers that are definitely not niche. I'm certainly not going to argue about your state of mind with your setting, which I'm very enthusiastic about, and I'm not going to dwell on the icing on the cake, but I will use my voice together with the voices of many other music colleagues to campaign for ARA to finally come. This topic is getting really ridiculous, as you can make a lot of people very happy with minimal effort, and those like you who don't need it (as of today) aren't unhappy either.

Post by 102455 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure pitch correction is possible without ARA. Yes, it must be. I've used it. Plenty of plugins and also dedicated standalone hardware.

woodlouse

Post by woodlouse » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:58 pm

Runenlyd wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:28 am
Live 12 announcement today, and guess what ? Still no ARA2. This is definitely a (bad) joke not to listen to the customers at this point.
I was so disappointed when I saw this. I guess I just have to accept that Ableton won’t prioritise this, and take the plunge switching to another DAW for mixing. There’s only so much patience I have for endlessly consolidating audio tracks, exporting them to Melodyne one by one, and back again.

It’s so frustrating, because since take lanes and track linking were added, it’s the single missing feature that let you run any project start to finish completely in Ableton.

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:14 pm

woodlouse wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:58 pm
It’s so frustrating, because since take lanes and track linking were added, it’s the single missing feature that let you run any project start to finish completely in Ableton.
Yes, it is strange that they didn't yet choose to go all the way! (By ARA or - as I would prefer even more - native pitch correction.)

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:39 pm

I think Melodyne is so advanced at this stage it would make little sense to make its own vs integrating ARA.
Also many users already have Melodyne and ARA2 allows integration with many other plugins (from Izotope for instance etc)

cassiz

Post by cassiz » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:09 pm

I can't believe it, the Live 12 update is here, and they still haven't added ARA support! I mean, seriously, what's going on? This is something that so many of us have been asking for, and it feels like they're just ignoring our requests.

Instead, they've added a bunch of other features that nobody really asked for or needed. It's frustrating to see them prioritize things that don't seem to have much relevance to the core functionality of the software.
And to top it off, I saw on their Facebook page that they're basically saying they can't do it right now. It's like a slap in the face. We've been waiting for ARA support for so long, and now they're telling us that it's not even possible at the moment.
I get that software development can be complicated, but it's hard not to feel let down by this update. It's disappointing when a company doesn't seem to be listening to its user base and instead focuses on things that don't really matter to us.

I hope they'll eventually realize how important ARA support is to so many of us and make it a priority in a future update. Or maybe a native version of aligning audio or some kind of pitch correction. Until then, it's hard not to be disappointed by this latest release.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:09 pm

It's possible they add it in 9 months or so when they update 12. Unannounced major improvements between upgrade cycles have been a thing for most DAW developers for a decade or so now, and Ableton are one of the more generous that way. ARA support definitely isn't a "new feature", it's a "keeping up with the Joneses" update, so I would expect that they would prioritize it for an update not a point upgrade.

Meyha

Post by Meyha » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:50 pm

+1, ARA integration would be so much appreciated !!

LikeTheHotels

Post by LikeTheHotels » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:14 pm

No ARA2 in Live 12 is one of the biggest music let downs I've had this year (behind the bad Keith Buckley songs).
I understand the point of Live is to be lightweight and to be a performance tool first, but the reality is that many of us have grown to adopt it as a DAW for mixing and post production.

Unfortunately, as it stands now, every time I get to vocals, I either have to do a ton of automation of autotune parameters + countless takes/crossfades... or I end up exporting to another DAW. Which is a shame, because Live is more than capable of doing what I need it to do, if they'd just support ARA.

I'm very frustrated here, and have been a Live user since Live 8. As I've grown as a mixing engineer, I've slowly come to the realization that Ableton doesn't want my business while I'm on this journey. I'll probably still have 12 for certain things, but I'm beginning my migration to StudioOne.

fivefloral

Post by fivefloral » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:41 pm

I think it's worth noting that ARA support for things like Melodyne isn't just so it can be used to tighten up vocal tracks.

Melodyne can be used outside it's usual intended purpose(s) and do some incredibly unique and creative things.

Live is a creative tool, right? Stop dragging your feet, Ableton, and enable us some extended creative freedom.

How many more people need to ask for this feature for you to take notice? This is getting absurd. Nobody is asking for another synth or effect. They're asking very specifically for this.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:44 pm

fivefloral wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:41 pm
I think it's worth noting that ARA support for things like Melodyne isn't just so it can be used to tighten up vocal tracks.

Melodyne can be used outside it's usual intended purpose(s) and do some incredibly unique and creative things.

Live is a creative tool, right? Stop dragging your feet, Ableton, and enable us some extended creative freedom.

How many more people need to ask for this feature for you to take notice? This is getting absurd. Nobody is asking for another synth or effect. They're asking very specifically for this.
This

Music Viking

Post by Music Viking » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:24 pm

This is really needed ASAP to have a smooth and complete workflow of music production within Ableton!

Come on Autotune, Melodyne and Vocal Align are industry standards for vocal editing and they all work with ARA 2 which is even open source... Please prioritize this over any new synth, this is what your users are asking for🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I've submitted the request on https://ableton.centercode.com/home.html as well.

GANG, go submit requests until they listen!