Ableton live support for ARA 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Davnak

Re: Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by Davnak » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:32 am

+1 a much needed feature for vocal editing

FlipBit

Post by FlipBit » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:07 pm

+1 if doing so really matters

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:32 pm

I'm almost positive this will be in version 12.

sonik777

Post by sonik777 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:11 pm

Derp!

cassiz

Post by cassiz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:14 pm

Sorry but this is an absolute joke.

How can it be that a German company does not manage to implement the technology of another German company, which by the way has been open source since 2021, in their product?

In my opinion, this cannot be surpassed in terms of embarrassment. Actually, there are no more excuses on the part of Ableton not to make this step.

Or is ARA2 not fancy enough now because it is open source and anyone could integrate it into their software? :P

I'm almost sure that's why it might fail now after all these years.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:11 am

It's getting ridiculous at this stage, especially the lack of communication or acknowledgement from Ableton on this.
It's one of the most (if not the most) requested feature for years on their Centercode site.

https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... edae8d9a02

Or are they developping it ahead of an Ableton Live 12 Release?
It really can't come soon enough.

echoechoecho

Post by echoechoecho » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:11 pm

PLEASE

oscillik

Post by oscillik » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:07 pm

ARA 2 support would be awesome and would bring Live in parity with many other DAWs out there.

+1 for this feature!

joshuabonobarendse

Post by joshuabonobarendse » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:07 pm

Still not here yet. What are you waiting for Ableton? :x

AyGee-HH

Post by AyGee-HH » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:39 pm

I really would love to have ARA support in Ableton Live! :cry:

Runenlyd

Post by Runenlyd » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:28 am

Live 12 announcement today, and guess what ? Still no ARA2. This is definitely a (bad) joke not to listen to the customers at this point.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 am

100%
I only emailed them a second again complaining about the same issue.
I mean, it feels at this stage that even Native Instruments Clients are getting listened to more... which is not a great standard to go by...

Post by 102455 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 pm

So let me get this straight - this ARA thing has been around for twelve years, and there are only 10 plugins (by 7 developers) that use it?

That's according to info on Wikipedia. Not exactly catching on, is it? It took seven years for somebody to ask for it here (this thread).

I've been using sequencers and DAWs since the 80s, and have amassed a large number of plugins from numerous companies. They're all kept up to date and I'm still buying stuff if/when it appeals to me (bought one just the other day)..............and yet I don't have a single ARA plugin.

Probably fair to say that it's a niche thing. It doesn't have widespread use.

Tommix

Post by Tommix » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm

102455 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 pm
So let me get this straight - this ARA thing has been around for twelve years, and there are only 10 plugins (by 7 developers) that use it?

That's according to info on Wikipedia. Not exactly catching on, is it? It took seven years for somebody to ask for it here (this thread).

I've been using sequencers and DAWs since the 80s, and have amassed a large number of plugins from numerous companies. They're all kept up to date and I'm still buying stuff if/when it appeals to me (bought one just the other day)..............and yet I don't have a single ARA plugin.

ARA is undoubtedly an invention with high customer benefit. It is not the quantity that is important, how many companies offer ARA, but the quality. If a single mega programme has ARA, then you should be able to use it. Melodyne is unrivalled in its class. Anyone who listens to music knows that Melodyne, also AutoTune, is on duty 24/7. Melodyne invented ARA, AutoTune now offers it too. This means that Ableton users in particular would use this feature almost every day. So why exclude your customers from this progress, the implementation of which, as far as I know, is even offered free of charge by Celemony? Ableton is turning its customers into miserable supplicants for something that in fact costs nothing, but brings enormous relief.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:24 pm

Tommix wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm
102455 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:08 pm

ARA is undoubtedly an invention with high customer benefit. It is not the quantity that is important, how many companies offer ARA, but the quality. If a single mega programme has ARA, then you should be able to use it. Melodyne is unrivalled in its class. Anyone who listens to music knows that Melodyne, also AutoTune, is on duty 24/7. Melodyne invented ARA, AutoTune now offers it too. This means that Ableton users in particular would use this feature almost every day. So why exclude your customers from this progress, the implementation of which, as far as I know, is even offered free of charge by Celemony? Ableton is turning its customers into miserable supplicants for something that in fact costs nothing, but brings enormous relief.
I couldn't agree more. :)