Ableton live support for ARA 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
HVLOSHIN

Re: Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by HVLOSHIN » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:37 pm

+1. PLS support ARA2

Mjusick

Post by Mjusick » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:24 pm

+1 for ARA :!: :D

Der_Landvogt

Post by Der_Landvogt » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:31 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with all the posts above who stated their disappointment in Ableton not adding ARA2 in Live 12. What a shame they didn't do this. Nowadays having ARA2 seems like an industry standard for DAWs in general and it's unfathomable why Ableton is ignoring one of the most requested features. Everybody and their mother have been asking for this for many years now :cry:

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:42 pm

pitch editing is the last big thing that's lacking in Ableton, for me. I'd settle for ARA 2 support, but would greatly prefer their own proprietary pitch editing, since Melodyne is incredibly clunky, with an awful UI/UX, and prone to artifacts. the new 12 features sound great, but lack of a decent pitch workflow is starting to feel egregiously overdue.

FlipBit

Post by FlipBit » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:29 am

+1 It will be awesome to have ARA 2 support!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:29 pm

Given how powerful the AI vocal tools are quickly becoming, I'm wondering how relevant ARA2 support (at least for re-tuning) will be in just a few months... You can already send your recording to some website to pitch-correct them and even use someone else's voice, or even train the thing with your voice without singing etc...
Ableton Forum Moderator

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:28 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:29 pm
Given how powerful the AI vocal tools are quickly becoming, I'm wondering how relevant ARA2 support (at least for re-tuning) will be in just a few months... You can already send your recording to some website to pitch-correct them and even use someone else's voice, or even train the thing with your voice without singing etc...
I think the big selling point of ARA is for Melodyne and specifically to integrate it closely with the DAW timeline . It's main feature is to be simpler to use, quicker, less resource intensive and more immediate by integrating more closely. While AI tools are interesting they are mainly offline processes, and considerably less immediate. If Ableton needs pitch correction tech with AI it would need to be a local process, and pretty immediate, with good flexibility.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:35 pm

Melodyne especially when you get into the Studio version does a whole hell of a lot more than pitch correction, you can use it to control dynamics, de essing, formants, all kinds of things.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:02 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:35 pm
Melodyne especially when you get into the Studio version does a whole hell of a lot more than pitch correction, you can use it to control dynamics, de essing, formants, all kinds of things.
I only have Melodyne Editor, I'd update to Studio (as they still have their sale on for €99) but as my primary DAW doesn't support ARA :lol: I doubted I'd get the full use out of Studio.

deddy

Post by deddy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:52 am

Hi,
for all of you who are waiting for ARA support in Live for Melodyne -
In the meantime set up Melodyne as your "Sample Editor" (Settings > File/Folder > Sample Editor) and whenever you need to pitch correct a clip -

1. It is better to consolidate the audio clip, and make sure the consolidated clip starts on the grid. (off-grid might cause timing issues later on)
2. click on the clip's "Edit" button in the "Audio" Panel.
3. Edit the file however you want in Melodyne, then click on File > Replace Audio, and get back to Live. (no further saving is needed in Melodyne, just close it).
* If you need to re-edit the file, make sure to click "edit" again in Live, since clicking "Replace Audio" on the same instance in Melodyne won't work.

Hope this helps someone,
For me it upgraded my workflow X100 times.

Deddy

djcl.ear

Post by djcl.ear » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:40 am

Melodyne and Spectralayers.

Both utilize ARA2.
Both are unique tools, essential for Production and Mixing, now at 2024.
Both master dimensions where Ableton LIVE does not even enter.

ARA2 allow both of them to communicate with ABLETON LIVE.

vdk_john

Post by vdk_john » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:47 pm

+1

and this is another great use case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijQ9nLPGe0
through ARA, Synthesizer V Studio can now control the DAW’s playback, seamlessly synchronize the tempo changes and even link note groups with audio clips inside the DAW
I really hope this comes at some point in version 12

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:11 am

I think it would make more sense to implement native pitch correction before ARA. With the improvement of scales in v12 and the introduction of tunings, native pitch correction would adhere to these.

sonik777

Post by sonik777 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:49 pm

*crickets*

BarryChabala

Post by BarryChabala » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:41 pm

This would be fantastic... works like a charm in Studio One
BarryChabala.com