Have to Press Record Button Twice-Sometimes But Not All the Time

Discuss Push with other users.
Just_Pierre

Re: Have to Press Record Button Twice-Sometimes But Not All the Time

Post by Just_Pierre » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 pm

The same on my Push 3 Standalone, is this intentional behaviour?

dougtheguy

Post by dougtheguy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:43 pm

This extremely frustrating when jamming and every second counts. The work around….use your foot switch. That works!

lmbauer2017

Post by lmbauer2017 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Just adding onto this... I only record in fixed loop amounts now as my record button doesn't stop the record. I have to press it multiple times (more than twice), and it eventually stops it. If there is something I'm doing wrong please let me know. It STARTS the record flawlessly which makes me suspicious that I'm doing something wrong because the button itself clearly works great haha. I'll probably open a ticket later this week unless anyone has any ideas.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:25 pm

Sounds like a faulty button, I’ve never seen that here with any of the 3 Push devices.

lmbauer2017

Post by lmbauer2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:25 pm
Sounds like a faulty button, I’ve never seen that here with any of the 3 Push devices.
Ugh I'd love to know if I was doing something wrong... I can't imagine it's a faulty button because the first press works perfectly. I'm wondering what it would look like on Live in controller mode? I'll play with it this weekend and see if I can find a pattern.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:44 pm

Please do and report back. I'm not saying it's 100% a hardware issue, but if it was a software issue affecting everyone we'd have seen a lot more reports of it I would think.

lmbauer2017

Post by lmbauer2017 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:47 am

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:44 pm
Please do and report back. I'm not saying it's 100% a hardware issue, but if it was a software issue affecting everyone we'd have seen a lot more reports of it I would think.
So... I'm preeeetty sure it's user error... Standalone or Controller modes don't make a difference. But I practiced making dozens of clips. So you really gotta nail that last 4-ee-and-AH count lol. I think the fact you have to push into the button as opposed to maybe hitting a pad or pedal causes you to delay juuuust the slightest amount within that physical push into the rubber. I think for this specific button you gotta just press it a little before you normally would to account for the distance and force you have to press it. Otherwise it'll just wait till the next bar to end. I've found it's never actually "missed" the button press (which is what I previously thought), it just doesn't make it in time of the last count, but it ALWAYS ends after the next bar (fortunately not a hardware issue!).

I should note that I've never had a controller or any capability of pressing record with anything other than a mouse. So all of this is from the standpoint of what a live looper MIGHT think. I don't want to offend anyone. This is just after rigorous testing and self scrutiny ^^;

Feyerabend

Post by Feyerabend » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:26 am

What I don't understand is how something so basic can still be like this: it completely ruins the looping experience