Recording Audio cuts out repeatedly

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jofd

Re: Recording Audio cuts out repeatedly

Post by jofd » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:48 pm

Other DAWs work flawlessly with USB Mics. Did you not know that? Your attitude drove me to create an account for this forum just so I could mention that my USB mic works great with Logic but on Ableton it cuts in and out. You have no solution other than to mock, your ego needs a check.

jestermgee wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:54 pm
You are using a streamers USB mic into a real-time DAW. That is your issue. Are you using aSIO drivers in Ableton or Direct Audio drivers because there is a bit difference and I know if you used AsIO drivers you would not be able to select the USB mic as an input so that is probably another issue... incorrect configuration.

3 computers and you have the same issue with all? Not too good at connecting the dots there, just blame the tools like most inexperienced noobs do.

if you use consumer grade equipment you get consumer grade results. The yeti is not designed for pro audio applications, it is a quick and easy fix for streamers to make their noise and is not designed to operate well in an application that also has to generate real-time audio so you will have issues when the application cannot manage the basic audio communication the mic USB interface has.... Remember, a USB mic is just a cheap audio interface with a mic capsule tacked on.

These are your issues but maybe you should switch to a Xylophone as you may have a better chance of understanding how that works.

Sebastianpoe33

Post by Sebastianpoe33 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:44 pm

Somnibus wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:14 am
I am having the same issues as the OP.
Difference is I'm fully aware I'm a newb and I know it's an issue on my end. If there's anything you guys can do to help I'd appreciate it. If the following info isn't what you need let me know and I'll try and get you more pertinent data.

Driver type - MME/DirectX
Audio Input Device - Line (Audiobox USB 96) Wave
Audio Output Device - Speakers (Audiobox USB 96 Wave
Sample Rate - 44100
Default SR & Pitch Conversion - High
Input Buffer Suze - 8192
Input Latency - 186ms
Output Buffer Size - 4096
Output Latency - 92.9ms
Driver Error Comp - 0
Overall Latency - 279ms

I expect it has something to do with the USB connection despite the good reviews the PreSonus AudioBix 96 received. Again, I don't expect miracles but if someone could point me towards something productive I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Idk if anyone figured it out but i know why its doing this. Go into preferences > input audio > switch from [(Scarlett solo usb) Wave] to Line [(Scarlett solo usb) DX].
Last edited by Sebastianpoe33 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sebastianpoe33

Post by Sebastianpoe33 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:47 pm

And I completely agree with this forum being run by trolls. I am defiantly in no way an expert, i would say i'm a noob. But after seeing the lack of help in this thread. I knew i was on my own. Seriously why are some of you even here responding? :?: And for the jestermgee dude. You are what is making Ableton a bad experience. Get the fuck off here dude.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:01 am

We don't tolerate people attacking each other here, you're welcome to disagree but do it respectfully or you won't be allowed to participate in the forums. Especially since this thread is a couple years old and we've already talked to everyone involved about not being helpful in the thread.
Ableton Forum Administrator