What's your workflow/setup with Maschine & Push 2 in Live?

Discuss Push with other users.
musikmachine

What's your workflow/setup with Maschine & Push 2 in Live?

Post by musikmachine » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:27 pm

I've only recently got a Push 2 recently so bear with me. I've highlighted the important parts. :)

Set-up

I know there are various vst racks and stuff like Audiomodder, which i have but understand isn't supported any more for K12 so no longer being developed afaict.

I've been running Maschine as a VST in Live for a while, one instance for drums and one for melodic parts using the Live racks you can download with all the routing and external instruments premapped. I usually have the Mk3 locked to the drums and the Jam locked to the melodic parts.

I've been using this set up to have easy access to all the K12 instruments and FX and Maschine expansions, hands on control and to bring ideas into Live to continue working on them, swap parts out, layer etc.

But what i'd like to do is use Push for melodic parts as Maschine isn't very CPU efficient and no PDC and very limited automation so looking at the various VST wrapper options like timbresandtones to allow to transfer parts from Maschine and continue developing and working on them with the parameters premapped in the Push but i've no idea how well this works in practice and the K12 bundle is £30 so wanted to get some idea of how well it works and integrates with live before considering purchasing it and what else is worth checking out.

Workflow 

I've been using m&k in arrangement view in Live for a while now, that's why i got the Push 2. I understand the better workflow with the Push is to build ideas out in Session view then move to arrangement?

But there may some really good workflow hacks and i've seen the various M4L tools in the past that expand the Pushs' capabilities in various ways so anything in that arena worth knowing about would be great and how you tackle the automation whether it's clip based or you do it all in arrangement.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

musikmachine

Re: What's your workflow/setup with Maschine & Push 2 in Live?

Post by musikmachine » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Anyone? I realize i may be overcomplicating things. I know some use Maschine standalone and drag and drop stuff in Live. I like this cause Maschine is so fast but rally had to finish track in hence this workflow but it feels a bit convoluted lol and it use a lot of CPU and no AT but i also like to have access to the library and Komplete instruments and fx

So something liek T&T seems like a good workaround to get full access of all the parameters without having to remap everything. Cheers!