Standalone Tuner

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
fgmooremusic

Standalone Tuner

Post by fgmooremusic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello all -

First off, Ableton 10 is awesome but doesn't have a great comping system (Logic's spoiled me). In Arrangement view, I find myself making Groups with multiple tracks. This way I can record in multiple sections of the song without recording over other audio I might want to use - Ableton replaces my takes unless I set up the loop or record in session view. I can also use the Group for all my plugins, bc my Helix Native eats up soo much CPU. This includes, secondly, the Tuner..

It would be great to have the tuner be standalone so I can drag it anywhere and be able to see it at all times. This way I could leave the plugin on the Group track and be able to flip back and forth between the tracks while recording.

Adding a tuner to every new track I have to create just to record another take is 2 steps too many when you need to record 20+ takes per idea. I'm not shitty, just a perfectionist :mrgreen: I could use third-party tuners (which is my current method) but I'd rather just use Ableton's. I could also set up a ton of tracks with tuners on them, group that, save that, and use that group every time I want to record something. There are solutions and workarounds I just think there should be a stock standalone tuner that can be seen at all times.

Adding the tuner to the Push 2 would be a great workaround too but not all guitarists will have that option.

Richie Witch

Re: Standalone Tuner

Post by Richie Witch » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:33 pm

How about putting the tuner on a return track?
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

VayHoz

Re: Standalone Tuner

Post by VayHoz » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:04 pm

What if you bought a clip-on tuner for your guitar?