How to save midi controler assignments

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

How to save midi controler assignments

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 am

Here is what I want to achieve.
I have Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL and 2 other controlers, but for the sake of conversation I will refer to the first one.
I want to assign MIDI controlers for different parameters and save them along with the isntrument. Is it possible ?

Another word here is my thinking.
- I select instrument (not native Ableton but i.e some Kontakt instrument within KOMPLETE KONTROL))
- I assign NOVATION knobs to 24 parameters
- I would like to save entire instrument along with midi assignments in Live into a file, so next time when I load this instrument all asignments are there.

I think this is possible for Ableton Instruments, but not sure how can I do this with others (i.e Omnisphere, Play, and other popular interfaces, not talking about less common...)

I know I can store Kontakt mutils and single instruments , I know I can save Novation settings, I know I can save instrument (when it is grouped), but... how can I do this all in one shot so when I need to reuse it I do not have to re-open multiple files with the presets ? If I'm not mistaken I have seen somebody presenting feature like this in Bitwig Studio - which was super, super helpful. Is this possible in Live ? Any tips ?
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

mothergarage

Re: How to save midi controler assignments

Post by mothergarage » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:35 am

If the VST allows learn the MIDI CC's there.
In Kontakt rightclick the parameter to reveal "Learn MIDI CC# Automation"
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+