Ableton Live 10 Lite not rendering all notes

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RenoiseNow

Ableton Live 10 Lite not rendering all notes

Post by RenoiseNow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:09 am

I am using Ableton Live 10.1.25 Lite I got with my Roland keyboard and while I am aware of the Lite limitations, it doesnt end there. When playing a song in real time (Behringer ASIO), everything seems to be okay, but when rendering into a WAV, random notes wont play. I have tried rendering on the built-in Realtek soundcard ove ASIO4ALL and DirectX and no change. A few random notes wont start during the export. Is that another limitation of Lite, to kinda make it a demo only, or a matter of settings? Or a bug? Thanks for any insight.

RenoiseNow

Re: Ableton Live 10 Lite not rendering all notes

Post by RenoiseNow » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:44 am

Ok, for posterity, I have not found the real cause, but was able to solve the problem. It was random, but always involved notes that were retriggered, so I just went ahead and redraw all such notes taking care the release event of a midi note was not touching the triggering of the same note following.

TLW

Re: Ableton Live 10 Lite not rendering all notes

Post by TLW » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Firstly, the audio interface and driver used have no effect on rendering for export. Live, like most/all DAWs, does the necessary maths without using either, other than letting you hear playback.

Your second post might well correctly identify the problem and its solution.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.