Youtube stops (not Audio, but internet!) when starting live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Atlazirkl

Youtube stops (not Audio, but internet!) when starting live

Post by Atlazirkl » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:06 am

Hi there

So this is not an Audio Asio4all whatever problem - i can have Ableton opened and youtube play at the same time - but today is one of those days, where even after multiple restarts, my youtube immediately stops when i open ableton. Not just audio or whatever, but the whole video is in an endless loading cycle. Wtf?

I'm getting so frustrated with all the technological shit i have to put up these days.. man i just wanna have some workflow going on but every day some other shit happens and i get pissed although i had a great fucking morning so far.

jestermgee

Re: Youtube stops (not Audio, but internet!) when starting live

Post by jestermgee » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:29 am

Sounds like an audio interface access issue to me, see the same thing when the audio interface that WAS available to the web browser becomes not available. And I would say it does have something to do with ASIO4ALL or the fact possibly Windows and Ableton live are running at different sample rates.

As always tho, would help to know what audio interface and settings you have.
I'm getting so frustrated with all the technological shit i have to put up these days..
I'd suggest maybe learning the Triangle or Cowbell then, much less to worry about with these musical options, rarely do they not work when you watch Youtube and a bit easier to understand.

Atlazirkl

Post by Atlazirkl » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:08 pm

hey of course! why didn't i think of it. i had ableton reinstalled yesterday and it was indeed a simple sample rate issue. /resolved! thanks!!
jestermgee wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:29 am
I'd suggest maybe learning the Triangle or Cowbell then, much less to worry about with these musical options, rarely do they not work when you watch Youtube and a bit easier to understand.

haha funny why don't you suckle on a cock

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Atlazirkl wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:08 pm
hey of course! why didn't i think of it. i had ableton reinstalled yesterday and it was indeed a simple sample rate issue. /resolved! thanks!!
jestermgee wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:29 am

haha funny why don't you suckle on a cock
Yep thanx for helping someone out! This seems to become normal behaviour here.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:13 pm

We don’t tolerate name calling and insults, and we’re getting really tired of the long time forum users replying to new users with snarky comments too. We’ve been too tolerant of this lately and it’s getting worse, so that’s going to stop now. If you can’t post something constructive to the conversation and treat each other with respect, you will not be allowed to use the Ableton forums. This applies to all users no matter how long they’ve been here or how helpful they’ve been in the past.

Both of you have been warned, and as a reminder after two warnings you will be permanently banned from using the forums.
Ableton Forum Administrator

Atlazirkl

Post by Atlazirkl » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:38 pm

[erm] wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:13 pm
We don’t tolerate name calling and insults, and we’re getting really tired of the long time forum users replying to new users with snarky comments too. We’ve been too tolerant of this lately and it’s getting worse, so that’s going to stop now. If you can’t post something constructive to the conversation and treat each other with respect, you will not be allowed to use the Ableton forums. This applies to all users no matter how long they’ve been here or how helpful they’ve been in the past.

Both of you have been warned, and as a reminder after two warnings you will be permanently banned from using the forums.
agreed and acknowledged 100%. i wanted to give back to him because my initial expression of frustration wasn't pointed at any person, and - come on - we all know that kind of frustration. one could also express understanding towards the expression of this kind of frustration rather than being a cynical smartass - so i gave back and i'd always give back :) he did help me solve my problem tho so that's cool :D

pottering

Post by pottering » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:03 pm

LOL, Ableton-related forums (not just this one, every single one of them) are just horrible for people that actually like Ableton Live.
♥♥♥

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:27 pm

Well I agree my "smart ass" comment was as needed as it was to express your personal frustrations by swearing and being the usual frustrated rude noob stereotype spewing on their keyboard. My comment highlights the actual attitude I feel that is wrong with kids, a simple comment with no language nor any malicious intent draws out the usual "eat a dick" type response showing lack of humour and low ball mentality. It's a test on someones character and helps to determine if I should waste further time helping an individual in the future.

We all get frustrated, but as humans we are usually taught to be composed and leave that out of the conversation. I rarely just be an ass without offering some help but I feel justified to make my comment as you feel justified to open your first post by throwing your frustrated feelings and language into it. Difference is, I would never be crass towards another member like you showed, that's a pretty low ball comment but expected from kids these days.

But anyway, I've been warned by the mods and will take this as my cue to exit. I think I have contributed enough over the last 10+ years and have noticed the downward trend of users attitudes generally on this forum with little sign anything will be revamped or changed. It's no longer a fun and engaging place like it once was, no one can take anything as a joke, can't even try and make a joke like above (which it was just a simple joke many have made in the past to the same kind of opening), people get personally hurt by the simplest comments and for helping the response if usually fuck all for nothing.

I have appreciated the time many of the intelligent users have spent offering help and discussing things, alas unless it's about the latest Apple products there isn't anything of interest to really get into around here anymore. Might come back if the forum ever gets a revamp but if it's like the revamp NI have done, doubt that will draw me back either. Will leave it in the hands of the few remaining knowledgeable users round here...

Atlazirkl

Post by Atlazirkl » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:53 am

jestermgee wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:27 pm
Well I agree my "smart ass" comment was as needed as it was to express your personal frustrations by swearing and being the usual frustrated rude noob stereotype spewing on their keyboard. My comment highlights the actual attitude I feel that is wrong with kids, a simple comment with no language nor any malicious intent draws out the usual "eat a dick" type response showing lack of humour and low ball mentality. It's a test on someones character and helps to determine if I should waste further time helping an individual in the future.

We all get frustrated, but as humans we are usually taught to be composed and leave that out of the conversation. I rarely just be an ass without offering some help but I feel justified to make my comment as you feel justified to open your first post by throwing your frustrated feelings and language into it. Difference is, I would never be crass towards another member like you showed, that's a pretty low ball comment but expected from kids these days.

But anyway, I've been warned by the mods and will take this as my cue to exit. I think I have contributed enough over the last 10+ years and have noticed the downward trend of users attitudes generally on this forum with little sign anything will be revamped or changed. It's no longer a fun and engaging place like it once was, no one can take anything as a joke, can't even try and make a joke like above (which it was just a simple joke many have made in the past to the same kind of opening), people get personally hurt by the simplest comments and for helping the response if usually fuck all for nothing.

I have appreciated the time many of the intelligent users have spent offering help and discussing things, alas unless it's about the latest Apple products there isn't anything of interest to really get into around here anymore. Might come back if the forum ever gets a revamp but if it's like the revamp NI have done, doubt that will draw me back either. Will leave it in the hands of the few remaining knowledgeable users round here...
hahaha you just made my whole week!! thank you!! and let me tell you what low balling really is: when somebody is expressing frustration towards having difficulties in a subject that's also partly the subject of this forum - and is obviously emotional, thus showing vulnerability and weakness openly withouth insulting anybody - when you then take advantage of this weakness by putting some more salt into my wounds, just to make yourself appear like the superior being who's above and beyond these emotions that i expressed - this is the ultimate low balling. it's literally why our wolrld is as shitty as it is - and your calling me a kiddo (i'm very probably older than you my friend), and you now quitting the forum after 4000 postings (oh watch out!) is just underlining your unsuccessful suppression of your own shadow, your own vulnerability and your weakness. I'm serious - this is what's called evil - this is what a bully does, this is showing a lack of empathy - specially if somebody tries to be smarter than the other one. you always want to stay on top, be superior to the weakness of others, you're cynical and judgamental, and the forum does well in seeing you go!

man you had me laugh so hard right now - THANK YOU so much!!!! cheers!

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 am

This is exactly whats wrong within this forum. Sorry to see you go Jester, I wont be far behind you either.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P