Max for Live device GUI does not update when I adjust a parameter

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
interlucid

Max for Live device GUI does not update when I adjust a parameter

Post by interlucid » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:57 am

if I add a Max for Live device such as LFO or shaper to my track in Ableton Live and I try to adjust a parameter, it does not update in real time. for example if I adjust the "Depth" dial on the LFO and change the value from 25% to 50%, I cannot see the number change as I click and move my mouse. however, if I click to a different track and then back to the original track, I can see that my adjustment did take effect. the GUI is not getting the correct updates triggered for me to see the values change immediately though.

how can I fix this?

specs: Latest Live 11.1 on latest Windows 10, Max version 8.2.1

Rivanni

Re: Max for Live device GUI does not update when I adjust a parameter

Post by Rivanni » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Is the LFO waveform also frozen?

Do you have a plugin window open when this happens? If so, which one(s)?
Does LFO work when you move or clise it?

m:o

Post by m:o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:35 pm

I have the same issues with different M4L devices in live 11.1 and the newest Beta 11.1.5b - self or other builts. I also started a support ticket for this, as some of my essential m4l devices are acting strange like this and won`t work correct :-( i cannot update in this case. Any news on this?

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:55 pm

No news on this side. But I'm still curious about the answers to my questions above.

I asked these because on my pc, when some plugin windows are open, devices like LFO and Envelope follower don't update their interface visually (waveform is not moving, controls don't respond to changes etc). The values are still adjusted though. I can see this when I close or move the plugin window because in those cases the interface of the devices unfreeze.

Maybe something similar is happening on your side.
Try removing other devices and plugins one by one to see when the interface unfreezes. Don't forget the return and master tracks when you do so. Perhaps you find the culprit this way.

m:o

Post by m:o » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:17 pm

OK, to your questions - on my side no other vst window is open. Also there is no function, as the parameter is not adjustable visually AND there is no data sent. In my case it`s an MBase11 editor for the Hardware and some midi cc controller m4l devices.