Notes that are drawn in are not sounding on playback

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
LosFelizGirl

Notes that are drawn in are not sounding on playback

Post by LosFelizGirl » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:42 am

Notes that I draw in are not sounding on playback. I can hear them when I draw them in, because I have the little blue circle to the left of the piano roll clicked on, I just can't hear them after I draw them in and click the "play" on the clip.
When I double click on the clip...the notes are drawn in, there is just no sound coming from them as the clip plays.

Here is what I did...
1) Load an instance of Operator into a midi track.
2) Arm track to record.
3) Click blue circle to the left of piano roll so I can hear the notes as I draw them in. Notes are loud & clear.
4) Draw notes in,
5) Press play on the clip but no sound comes from notes.
6) Checked velocity of notes- they are all around 100
7) Opened up the clip editor window to make sure there were midi notes in the clip. There were.
8) checked to see if the track was muted, it wasn't. The session only has this one track in it by the way.

Is there some kind of special mode Abletonr needs to be in to be able to hear notes that are drawn in opposed to being played in w/ a midi keyboard? How do people "record" without a midi keyboard, what mode does the computer need to be in for that? I'm think that is why I can't hear my drawn in notes?

Greenapples2019

Re: Notes that are drawn in are not sounding on playback

Post by Greenapples2019 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:21 am

Is Monitor set to "In"? If so, you won't hear the playback, try setting it to "Auto" or "Off".