PSPkick

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Benno

PSPkick

Post by Benno » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:30 am

For those of you who have a Playstation Portable, this little program might just what you need. Its basic, but for a sketch pad for drums its difficult to beat (sorry!). Sitting on the bus, train or my personal favorite, on the throne and composing a break is quite a liberating experience. Best of all, its free. Apologies if its been mentioned before, im a bit slow 8)

Benno

Post by Benno » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:32 am

oh, and its available at www.pspkick.com . Told you i was slow.

binarywords

Post by binarywords » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:33 am

oh yeah i saw that on Attack Of The Show. It looked kinda like iDrum. Do you have it? What do you think. Good Looking out.
myspace.com/mrirez

Benno

Post by Benno » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:49 am

Yeah, i got it. Its basic, 12 sounds (a few 909 samples). Good thing about it though is that you can export your loops as wav files, the PSP encodes directly to the memory stick. You can save upto 128 patterns. Just a cool little freebie to have if you've got a psp... drum machine in your pocket. 8) Apparently, there's gonna be support for importing your own samples soon, dont know when tho.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:17 pm

Your clowin' dawg - OH SHITTT!!!!

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later

I just got in a bit of trouble at work playing with my PSP at my desk during normal business hours - kinda funny actually...I was playing Lumines (which is hella addictive)

anywayz - I'm downloading this bad boy when I get home in about 45 minutes

question though

how large of a file is it - my memory stick is only 32mb and has quit a bit of game data saved already

SWEET - can't wait till there's a full audio program available

tyte

thanks again

OMG this is awesome

later

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:03 am

Whoa - this is kind of cool - you can totally make a drum loop

there page says you'll be able to load up your own drums

all they need is some eq fx for the hits

wow

thanks again

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:00 am

OOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
This is great! It all makes sense now. I was about to purchase a Sony U71 (handheld computer available only in Japan) but found out Sony has discontinued these. In fact, it just happened on July 23 that they decided to stop production. Now I can see why, they are sloooooowly converting the PSP into a handheld computer.
Hokay....I am going to drink and then whack off to some Sasha (just kidding).....no....really......I'm kidding.......but seriously.......

robin

Post by robin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 am

Former Pharaoh wrote:OOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
This is great! It all makes sense now. I was about to purchase a Sony U71 (handheld computer available only in Japan) but found out Sony has discontinued these. In fact, it just happened on July 23 that they decided to stop production. Now I can see why, they are sloooooowly converting the PSP into a handheld computer.
Hokay....I am going to drink and then whack off to some Sasha (just kidding).....no....really......I'm kidding.......but seriously.......
the psp will get less useful when the firmware is upgraded to version 2.

all the cool little bits of software will then have to be digitally signed by sony to work on the machine.

v2 of the firmware got released in japan last week and will be needed to play all the newer games when it's been released everywhere.

all this is a shame as i was thinking of buying a psp.

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:41 am

The (only) advantage to firmware 2.0 is that comes with a internet browser. Coupled with the built in WiFi, you can use your PSP as a mobile web reader anywhere you can snag some internet access.

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:45 am

Can't wait for Sony to release Acid for PSP.