Enable/disable CC recording/playback?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
arti9

Enable/disable CC recording/playback?

Post by arti9 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 pm

Hello everyone!
I am working on a little live music project and I have a little question for you :)

My goal: to start recording a clip with the pression of the sustain pedal and to end recording the clip with a second pression of the sustain pedal (I managed to do this in Max For Live).

My problem: when I press the sustain pedal the second time (to end the recording), the control change message (CC 64) is recorded within the clip and trigger another recording when the clip start the playback and reaches the point where the CC 64 message is.

My question: there is a way to solve this problem? Disabling the CC 64 playback from the clip?

Thank you in advance!

maximejerryfraisse

Re: Enable/disable CC recording/playback?

Post by maximejerryfraisse » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:58 pm

Hi @arti9,

What M4L device do you use ?

Does your sustain pedal is connected to your midi instrument or is it "standalone" ? You could filter the recording midi data by rooting only your midi instrument to the recording MIDI track ("MIDI from" menu).

Or simply use a M4L midi filter. I think this one could do the job.

Let me know if that works,

Maxime
maximejerryfraisse / what I do = [INSTAGRAM]

arti9

Re: Enable/disable CC recording/playback?

Post by arti9 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:47 pm

maximejerryfraisse wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Hi @arti9,

What M4L device do you use ?

Does your sustain pedal is connected to your midi instrument or is it "standalone" ? You could filter the recording midi data by rooting only your midi instrument to the recording MIDI track ("MIDI from" menu).

Or simply use a M4L midi filter. I think this one could do the job.

Let me know if that works,

Maxime

Hi Maxime, thank you for your response.
The sustain pedal is actually connected to the MIDI keboard.
The MIDI filter you suggest is useful and give me ideas to complete my Max For Live patch and solve the problem!
Thank you very much :D