Not able to arm Loopback channel

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
CashLane

Not able to arm Loopback channel

Post by CashLane » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Hi All!

I have been an Ableton user for years and only use a small % of the features. I am a singer songwriter and have a specific template set up to record a karaoke music track (loop back track) and I sing to a separate (microphone) track. the loop back has always armed ready to record but today for some reason the loop back track won't arm, the microphone track will though. Now, when I load the template both the loop back and the microphone track usually both arm as set in the template automatically. But now neither are arming automatically. I can manually are the Microphone track but I can NOT manually arm the Loop Back Track and not can't record to the loop back track at all... 8O

Sorry if this is confusing and any suggestions would be awesome Thanks

fishmonkey

Re: Not able to arm Loopback channel

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:23 pm

maybe post a screenshot of your Live set?

CashLane

Post by CashLane » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:56 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply! This screen shot shows that the channels are grayed out and can't be selected... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z6ubor2ddgfb ... d.JPG?dl=0

I highlighted the grayed out functions greyed out https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyjkfqhc1te8e ... d.JPG?dl=0

It will not arm not sure why? I know I don't have the correct terminology so sorry bout that...

CashLane

Post by CashLane » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 am

So I will try to simplify this ..

I use virtual Dj to practice songs. I need to create a loop back track to record the music tracks from Virtual Dj to Ableton. Track 2 will be vocals. It was working but now for some reason it stopped working…anyone know how to creatyhat?

Thanks

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:49 am

some questions:

what is your audio interface?

what device do input channels 5 & 6 refer to?

how are you getting audio from Virtual DJ to Live? is it an aggregate audio device? or?

CashLane

Post by CashLane » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:37 pm

Sorry a I forgot that too…
I use the Focusrite 2i2 using ableton lite. I do not know what the channels 5&6 are used for/. I set this up 2 years ago…

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:33 am

i don't think your audio interface has input channels 5 & 6. i'm guessing that once upon a time you either used another piece of software, or created an aggregate audio device to combine the 2i2 with Virtual DJ...