Problem for controlling Ableton with Maschine MK2

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Alexis83

Problem for controlling Ableton with Maschine MK2

Post by Alexis83 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:55 pm

Hi,

I have an issue when using Maschine MK2 as a MID controller for Ableton Live: on most of my Live Sets, the controller is recognized by Ableton and is all is functioning well. But on one specific Live Set it seems the MIDI control is "lost". Although I've created several MIDI templates (one per Live Set, in order to customize it) I don't think that this a bug due to the template itself because, when I use this template on any other Live Set, I can still have control over transport, scene, clips, etc... It seems there's an issue on the Live Set itself which prevents it from using my MK2 as a MIDI controller.

Would you know how I can fix this problem?

Thank you!

kalokoroteke

Re: Problem for controlling Ableton with Maschine MK2

Post by kalokoroteke » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi mate, I don't really know what it could be due to... Conflict in any midi mapping?
As long as someone who really knows does not answer you, I would suggest recreating the project (copy paste or exporting) and see when the conflict appears, because if it works for you in other projects (even that same template) it does not make sense to it's not working.
I hope you end up solving it, good luck

Alexis83

Re: Problem for controlling Ableton with Maschine MK2

Post by Alexis83 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, I've already tried rebuilding the track twice and it seems there's no real logic: it can break when I add a specific plugin to a certain track but also when I add a MIDI sequence to another track... Just as if the controller stops working properly when there are just too many elements in my Live Set. I'm using the Ableton Live's trial version at the moment but I guess that shouldn't be the cause. I'll buy Ableton 11 and see if the problem persists.